Chapter 4 - Who is He?

Hinata's POV

At his house, getting ready to leave for volleyball training. It is a Saturday morning.

I completely forgot that I had volleyball training this morning so I have to tell Kuroko to meet up a little later.

Hinata: [Good morning Kuroko!]

Kuroko: [Oh good morning Hinata.]

Kuroko: [What's up?]

Hinata: [About meeting up later, do you think we could do a later time?]

Hinata: [I forgot that I have volleyball training right now.]

Kuroko: [Oh yea sure, except me and Kagami are already on the train to Miyagi. 😐]

Hinata: [Oops sorry it was so last minute. 😅]

Kuroko: [It is okay, we are still meeting at the same place right?]

Hinata: [Yup!]

Hinata: [By the way, did you bring a basketball?]

Kuroko: [Kagami brings one with him everywhere he goes 😑]

Hinata: [Okay great! See you in a few hours!]

Kuroko: [Cya.]

-oof-

I bumped into someone while texting Kuroko. I look up. Oh, it's just Kageyama.

"Dumbass, are you not going to say sorry?" Questions Kageyama.

"Oh, right sorry Kageyama," I reply back and start to walk towards the club room.

End of Hinata's POV

Kageyama's POV

What just happened. Did Hinata just... apologize? Something is up. Hinata does not usually apologize to me...

"Did you notice it too?" A voice says from behind me. Oh, it is Sugawara.

"Good morning Sugawara," I say, bowing.

"Haha we do not need that formality here Kageyama, but good morning to you too," He replies with a kind tone.

"Oh okay," I stand up straight, "What did you mean by, I noticed it too?"

*We start slowly walking towards the club room*

"Hinata is not himself lately, he acts differently and seems to go off into his own world more often than usual," Sugawara explains.

"Yea that is true," I reply.

"I'm worried about him. Do you think you could check on him? You are his closest friend after all. Do you know anything?" Sugawara asks.

"No, unfortunately, I do not," I say as we walk into the club room, "I will ask him after training."

End of Kageyama's POV

------------------------------

Hinata's POV

At Karasuno, in the Gym. Volleyball training has just ended and everyone is free to do what they want.

Finally, we are finished! I can go see Kuroko and his new light now! I have not seen Kuroko in ages.

"Hey Hinata," Someone says behind me.

*I turn around* Oh it's Kageyama.

"Hi, Kageyama! Do you need something?" I reply while picking up my stuff.

"Don't you want to practice our quick?" Kageyama asks, mentioning towards the volleyballs, and Yachi, waiting patiently for them to ask her to throw some balls like they always did.

"Oh sorry Kageyama I have to go somewhere right now, maybe next time," I say, not really paying attention to him.

End of Hinata's POV

Kageyama's POV

What. WHAT. DID HINATA JUST REJECT PLAYING VOLLEYBALL FOR SOMETHING ELSE?! Whatever this other thing may be must be really important for him if he is choosing not to play volleyball to do this instead. I head over to Sugawara and tell him the situation.

"So what did he say?" Sugawara asks.

"I- he- he said no..." I say, pouting.

"Oh I am sorry," Sugawara says, "Hey I have an idea..."

End of Kageyama's POV

------------------------------

No one's POV

Hinata rushes out of the club room and heads towards the main park in Miyagi (I do not think this actually exists in real life or in anime life) to search for his blue-headed friend. A few minutes later he reaches the basketball court and finds Kuroko and Kagami playing a one on one, with Kuroko sadly being crushed by Kagami.

"KUROKOOOOO!" Hinata shouts as he runs onto the basketball court and jumps onto Kuroko, just barely knocking him onto the floor.

"Ah hello, Hinata. Long time no see," says Kuroko, "This is Kagami, my new light, and the one who wants to meet you," he says, mentioning towards the tall redhead.

"Woah! I've heard all about you! How tall are you?" Hinata asks, jumping around him.

"Hey kiddo, are you Kuroko's little brother's friend or something? (Kagami doesn't know that Kuroko is an only child)" Kagami asks the tangerine, patting his head.

"What did you just say...?" Hinata says, with a threatening tone of voice, "you shouldn't judge people by their height your know..."

(He looked kind of like this) ⬇

"I could easily beat you in a one on one you know," Hinata continues

*Kagami looks taken aback*

"Hah- I would like to see you try, shrimp," Kagami replies.

"H-Hinata is that you...?"

End of No one's POV

Hinata's POV

Wait I recognize that voice. Is that...?

*I turn around*

"KAGEYAMA?!" I gasp, "What are you doing here? Didn't you want to practice volleyball?"

"I cannot do it without you, dumbass," Kageyama replies, "but WHO IS HE?!"

"Hi, I'm Kuroko and that person is Kagami," Kuroko replies, coming out from behind Kageyama.

"What- I- ah! Where did you come from?!" Kageyama jumps back. "Hinata what are you doing hanging out with these people? You ditch volleyball for basketball? I thought you quit? Is this why you kept running away?"

No no no no no no no no. What is he doing here? He cannot be here. He cannot know. No. What do I do? Do I tell him? I look over to Kuroko. He nods. I guess there is no escaping it now...

End of Hinata's POV

END OF CHAPTER 4 – WHO IS HE?

Word Count: 942