Chapter Five

After our training, went and ran laps for our physical training. I used to run because when my father got past upset, he made me run, a lot. Most times it was when he cooled off, which means I was on lap 15 or so. So I have lots of practice with running.

Passing Tris for the 4th time, I came and jogged next to her.

“How?” She breathes.

“I did lots of running as a kid, so I’m experienced, I guess.” I reply with a laugh.

“Right, so that explains why you’re on lap 20.” Four states, breathy. I just shrug my shoulders and continue my laps. After lunch, we had some free time. I just sat in my bed looking at the ceiling. I can’t believe I’ve made it this far. I mean, a girl from Amity now in Dauntless shooting a gun and punching people in the face. My father would kill me if he found out that I am growing stronger than him. Even the thought of it scares me that he, at anytime could come here.

“Hey, they just announced, it’s visiting hours.” Peter states walking up to me.

“I think I’ll pass.” I sigh. I never want to see my dad again, I could honestly care less if he just died. He has out so much hurt and pain in my life, and anymore pain is to much.

“You sure, you dad’s here.” He replies. I look at him straight in the eyes, standing up from my spot.

“And how do you know that?”

“I talked to him, he really want’s to see you. He has some information for you.” He explain turning around , and stops in the doorway. “I would go see him, you have no idea what kind of information he has, and honestly, If I were you, I would go.” He continues leaving the room.

Walking down the hallway, I wipe my hands on my jacket. I’m going to see me dad. What if has something that I don’t know. An apology? Can’t be that, he could care less at this point.

“Samantha, over here.” My father says as I walk into the room.

“It’s Scar.” I reply coldly as I pull out a seat and sit down.

“Right, I have something to tell you.” He states looking behind him. I nod my head. “Jeanine has a plan, I don’t know what it is, but she wants you to be on her team.” He whispers.

“And you’re telling me this why?” I ask stupidly.

“Because you’re my daughter and I want to prot-“

“You beat me till I was 16, and told me you didn’t care about me. Honestly, I don’t even know If you’re telling the truth. I lean in and pull on his shirt. “If I ever see you in Dauntless again. I will not think twice about killing you.” Releasing his shirt, I kick back the chair and leave the room.