Chapter thirteen

I took a big step: Telling Four all my fears. I've never let out that information before, and honestly, it felt good to get it out. My father was always a person to never really care about my feelings. He never cared about me in general.

Today was another test in the fear simulator and this time all my fears were shown.

Every. Last. One.

Tris was telling me about her fears. It was about crows and fire. Neither of them she's scared of.

"Scar, your needed in headquarters in Erudite." Someone tells me while I'm running.

"Got it." I reply, taking a drink. I quickly change and leave for the train. I make it to Erudite and walk inside to see lots of people in lab coats and goggles walking everywhere, holding books and their books or their noses in their computers.

"Scar, glad to see you came." A woman states behind me. I turn around to see jeanine holding a notebook and a clip board.

"Why did I need to come here?" I ask annoyance.

"I just needed to see your fighting skills, I haven't gotten any information from your trainers, so I just need to see for myself." I let out a chuckle.

"Ok, who am I going against?"

"Just someone in the Dauntless faction." I slowly nod and take off my jacket and look in the doorway. Standing there was someone I hope I would never have to fight against again.

Four.