Chapter fourteen

"No, there is no way I am fighting him, I had to do it once in training, there is NO way i'm doing it again." I growl. She just chuckles and walks up to me, pulling a strand of my hair.

"You have too, or else I'll go ahead and make you Faction less right now. You have those 2 choices." I look back at Four who looks at me with concerned eyes. I have to, I can't be faction less. I can't go back to my father.

I can't.

"Fine, but as soon as Four here starts to look bad, he's out and were done."I state, stepping into the ring.

"Perfect, but that only means. he can't go easy. He has to put all his strength into the fight. I will have someone looking, and making sure he isn't letting go." Suddenly, Eric walks in.

"Nice to see ya outside of Dauntless sweetheart." He winks. Four tenses, but I shoot him a look to calm him down.

"Well, come on, I don't have all day, I still have to visit your father, Samantha." She seethes. I clench my fists, and hope my anger doesn't go out on Four. I climb onto the mat, and look at Four. Soon a bell rings, and Four throws the first hit. A punch to the nose, potentially breaking it. I stumble backwards and try to regain my balance, but again, I was punched in the face. This time I definitely broke my nose. I have to do something, so I try and punch Four and end up hitting his face and slightly knocking him back. This gives me the time to kick him in the gut and send him to the ground. I kick him over and over in the ribcage, but he soon grabs my ankle and twists it. I hear a crack and let out a scream, but that doesn't stop my I kick him again and he grabs my ankle again and squeezes it. He pulls himself up and punches me in the face again.

"Ok, stop, take Scar here to the hospital." Jeanine states before I black out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I wake up, I have a massive headache. A headache I haven't had since my dad beat me. I try to get up, but someone gently pushes me down

"Hey, take it easy, don't rush it." I look up to see Four standing above me.

"You know how to make a fight." I chuckle. He scoffs and sits down in a chair next to me.

"No, I don't know how to fight, I know how to hurt people I care about, today, Scar, I hurt you, badly. I broke your nose and your ankle."

"Listen, I would rather you break me down, then not be around you. Trust me, you make me want to stay in Dauntless. You make me feel as if I could stand up to my father." I explain. He nods and leans back in his chair, folding his arms.

"You know I would do anything to protect you, right?" He states. I nod my head and look up at the ceiling.

"What am I going to do in training?" I ask nervously.

"Well, tomorrow is your last day for practice in the fear simulator, then the next day is the final." He replies. I nod my head and let out a deep breath.

"Do you think I'll pass?" I ask honestly.

"I know you will pass." He justifies.

"How do you know that?" I ask, holding back tears.

"Because, I have been teaching here for 3 years and not once have I ever seen a woman in Dauntless as strong as you." He replies. I let a smile creep on my face.

"Thanks Four." I state. He cringes at his name.

"When you get out of here, I have something I want to show you." He kisses my forehead and then leaves.