006

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗟𝗢𝗩𝗘 𝗕𝗔𝗖𝗞

chapter six:maybe ej caswell isn't so bad

chapter six:
maybe ej caswell isn't so bad
. . . wait, did she just admit that? !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

VIOLETTA WAS FROZEN.

Her hand reached up to her mouth, both in shock and to hide the small laughs escaping past her lips. She wasn't saying that EJ deserved it — okay, maybe she was, but this was so out of the blue. Violetta wondered what made Gina do it exactly, but she wasn't exactly in a position to ask either of them.

"Hey, Ricky, I think now would be a good time to apologize to Gina," Athena admitted, but for some reason, Violetta couldn't look away from EJ.

The crowd around him still continued to laugh as he flung some of the excess punch off his suit. Violetta's smile slowly fell off her face and she tilted her head just the slightest bit. She hated to admit it, but she kind of felt . . . bad for him? Like, don't get her wrong, her statement earlier about thinking he deserved it was still true, but the look of shock and confusion on her was making her have all of these mixed emotions. A frown settled upon her lips as she watched him wipe the punch off his suit by the refreshment table.

Well, now Violetta was just hopelessly confused.

Athena then let out a deep breath, making Violetta snap out of her trance. "I can't believe I'm about to do this."

"Do what?" Violetta asked, still a little bit dazed from the thought process she had just gone through.

"Don't worry about it. I'll be right back."

Athena walked up to EJ, who seemed to be looking for some napkins. Violetta crossed her arms across her chest as she watched Athena tap EJ's shoulder. He turned to her, and upon seeing who it was, his expression turned confused. A small smile then made its way back onto Violetta's face as she watched Athena hold out her hand to EJ. EJ glanced at her hand, making Athena hold out further so he could take it. He finally took her hand, and Athena began to lead him to the doors of the gym.

As they passed Violetta and Big Red, Athena sent them a quick smile. Violetta, however, managed to lock eyes with EJ. Everything around her seemed to go in slow motion and the music playing turned into a dull ringing. Finally, the moment ended as EJ looked away, and him and Athena left the gym. Violetta shook her head to regain her composure and looked over at Big Red.

"She's sweet," Violetta stated.

"Of course she is, she's Athena," Big Red replied. "Oh, hey, there's Ricky."

Ricky then walked up to the two of them, his suit jacket in one hand and his car keys in the other. "Where's Attie?"

"Helping EJ get the punch off of his suit," Violetta answered. "She just left, like, twenty seconds ago. Why?"