009

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗟𝗢𝗩𝗘 𝗕𝗔𝗖𝗞

chapter nine:a shot of espresso !

chapter nine:
a shot of espresso !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

THE THEATER GROUP spent the entire night in Big Red's basement. Within the span of an hour, Athena, Nini, and Ashlyn had written the entirety of Truth, Justice, and Songs in Our Key. Meanwhile, Carlos choreographed their entire dance with the very little space they had in three hours. Violetta, Gina, and the other dancers had chimed in time to time with their ideas. With both the music and the dance ready, they managed to pull off putting together a last minute performance. Now all they had to do was show it to the board meeting and save Miss Jenn.

None of them had gotten much sleep at all. However, they weren't fazed by it — in fact, the next morning, all of them were quite energized from all of the adrenaline. That didn't mean that Violetta wouldn't get a coffee later, though. She knew her tiredness would hit her later.

It was finally time for the board meeting. All of the theater group was scattered around the cafeteria, ready in their positions for when they would interrupt everything. Violetta sat next to Athena and Ricky, her knee tucked into her chest as she watched the whole meeting take place. Her muscles were practically itching to dance already — but she had to wait.

Involuntarily, her eyes trailed over to EJ. He was sitting in one of the chairs in the center, his gaze straight ahead. But then something made him look over at her. Their eyes locked, and EJ raised an eyebrow. Violetta rolled her eyes playfully with a small smile on her face. EJ shook his head, also smiling, before looking back ahead. Her heart infuriatingly racing, Violetta turned her attention back to the meeting at hand.

"Miss Jenn, it may not surprise you to learn that we have heard earfuls about your unorthodox style ever since you got to East High," Principle Gutierrez announced to everyone. "Personally, I always chalked it up to the well known fact that people in the dramatic arts are insane."

"Thank you," Miss Jenn responded, the microphone echoing slightly as she leaned closer to it.

"But now, we have news that your resume is exaggerated. Your teaching credential is from obscure online university, and even your official name might be some version of a stage name. What do you say to this charge?"

"I have always done my best by these kids—" Miss Jenn insisted.

"Just answer the question," Principle Gutierrez interrupted.

"Excuse me," Mike, Ricky's father, then cut in. Violetta grinned at him — she didn't expect him to be here after everything that had happened, but she loved Ricky's dad. "Can I say something?"