017

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗟𝗢𝗩𝗘 𝗕𝗔𝗖𝗞

chapter seventeen:plan's into motion !

chapter seventeen:
plan's into motion !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

IF EJ HAD done what he did, why was he acting like everything was normal?

Whenever Violetta was around him, her heart would start to race, thinking about the way his lips had felt on hers in the cold air of Salt Lake City. Anyone could clearly tell something happened between them judging by the way Violetta's face involuntarily burned a bright red when she was next to him, her mind taking her back to the way his hands rested on either side of her face.

To be fair, Violetta hadn't brought it up either, but he was acting just . . . normal. Something about that told her that he was playing hard to get, or maybe waiting for some big theatrical moment to do something. But just like Violetta had said to herself, if she wanted something, she had to go for it.

It wasn't only wanting a relationship with EJ, though. Violetta could tell that the theater department wasn't the same without Gina. Therefore, she had proposed a plan to EJ on how to get her back for opening night so she could see the show and resume her role as Taylor. Pushing away her feelings for him and how utterly confused she was, the two of them got to work on messaging Gina and coordinating everything.

Finally, it was opening night. Violetta and Athena had promised each other that they would go to East High together, so the easiest thing was to have Violetta go over Athena's house so one of the members of the Blake family could drive them.

So that's exactly where she was. Violetta laid on Athena's bed, her head dangling off the side. Even though she was upside down, she could see Athena frantically rushing around her room. It wasn't hard to tell that Athena was extremely nervous about opening night and was stress packing her backpack. Violetta, on the other hand, knew whatever happened, that everything would be fine. Therefore, she was perfectly calm. A perfect balance.

"Athena, stop freaking out," Violetta said, her tone bored as she flipped over onto her stomach, her head now upright. "You're going to be fine I promise."

"I've never been in a musical before," Athena replied. "What if I show up and suddenly don't have something?" She then held up her hair straightener. "You think I need this?"

"Definitely not."

Violetta paused for a moment, her mind totally elsewhere — that elsewhere being her front porch. But then a thought popped into her head. She hadn't told Athena yet, mostly because after the kiss happened she had just kind of sat on her couch in shock.