016

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗟𝗢𝗩𝗘 𝗕𝗔𝗖𝗞

chapter sixteen:I'm on my guard for the rest of the world, but with you, I know it's no good !

chapter sixteen:
I'm on my guard for the rest of the world,
but with you, I know it's no good !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

EVERYTHING HAD MANAGED to go wrong.

The only good thing that had come out of going to the El Rey was that Miss Jenn had a genius idea to go back to East High and put on the show in the gym. So Violetta, her mind totally elsewhere, had helped to move everything back in the cars they had brought.

Her mind couldn't escape what had happened. Ricky, almost cheating on Athena, the girl he had been in love with for years, with his ex. She literally didn't understand where that had come from. Sure, Ricky and Nini had claimed that nothing actually happened, but them getting close to it was bad enough. She couldn't believe the stupidity of Ricky and how he had torn up the best thing he had ever had. And no, Violetta is not biased, Athena is just the best person. Even people who didn't know her well could attest to that.

Violetta avoided Ricky and Nini like the plague as they started to set up everything in the gym. Her mind was solely focused on Athena and her heart was filled with worry. She could only imagine what she was going through at the moment. Seeing the love of her life about to cheat on her . . .

Just the thought of it made Violetta incredibly angry. She wanted to go check up on Athena to make sure she was okay, but Violetta knew her best friend. Athena was probably locked in her room sitting at her keyboard and would just ignore all of her texts anyways. That's how it always was when Athena was sad. So Violetta just sent her a quick text saying that they were now putting the show on in the gym and saying that she would come visit her later.

Slowly, each member of the cast started to leave the school. Ricky was first, a determined look on his face — Violetta could only presume what that was about. Violetta also wanted to leave, but she could tell that EJ still wanted to talk to her, even after she pleaded for him not to say anything back at the El Rey. And since he was her ride (like always), Violetta knew that he wouldn't take her anywhere unless they had a conversation.

Infuriating, yet endearing.

So there Violetta sat on the floor of the hallway in East High, her knees tucked into her chest. Her phone was in her hand, absentmindedly scrolling through Instagram. She didn't focus on any of the posts, though. As she said before, her mind was totally elsewhere, solely focused on the wellbeing of Athena and the incident at the El Rey.