013

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗟𝗢𝗩𝗘 𝗕𝗔𝗖𝗞

chapter thirteen:the burnt down set !

chapter thirteen:
the burnt down set !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

EVER SINCE VIOLETTA had finally admitted to herself — after a lot of contemplation — that she actually liked EJ, she found herself hanging out with him a lot more.

It was strange, wasn't it? She means, she had this whole love back plan in the beginning because she would have rather stuck a fork in her eye than date somebody as insufferable as EJ Caswell, but to be honest, Violetta had to admit that he had some character development. Violetta came to realize that he often did the wrong things — emphasis on wrong — for the right reasons. She's not saying that to excuse his actions, because don't get her wrong, she still thinks he's incredibly dumb for what he did, but he's gotten better.

People would rarely spot Violetta without Athena, Ricky, and/or Big Red, but now EJ was added into the mix. He would often tag along with them walking in the hallways or going to rehearsal. There was obviously still some tension between EJ and Ricky after what happened, but having Violetta and Athena there kind of diffused the tension. Besides, Athena was dating Ricky now, and the two of them were basically on cloud nine.

As for Violetta and EJ . . . well, Violetta hoped they would get somewhere, but she had no idea how EJ felt about her. She could tell that he liked hanging out with her — not to sound narcissistic or anything, but he was always smiling and laughing unless they were having a serious conversation. Who knew? Like she said that night in the car, everything was all up to the universe. If the universe was pulling them to be together . . . well, so be it.

(She certainly wouldn't complain.)

Currently, Violetta, EJ, Athena, and Ricky were approaching the theater. It was tech week, which meant that things were getting serious. Their show was only in a few days time, which was absolutely insane. Violetta felt like the audition was literally yesterday where she had put EJ in his place about him being so overconfident. So much had changed in such a short amount of time, and Violetta didn't really know what to think about it.

The four of them were laughing with each other, listening to one of Athena's stupid stories about something Ricky had done when he was younger, when all words failed and their smiles slipped off their faces. As they walked into the theater, they saw that everything — the whole set — was burned down. Violetta swore her heart stopped and she froze in her tracks, her eyes wide as she looked around. Multiple firefighters were walking around to inspect everything, water was dripping from the ceiling from the sprinklers, and particles of dust floated through the air. As a firefighter walked past their group, Violetta stared after her with an incredulous expression. What the heck had happened?