014

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗟𝗢𝗩𝗘 𝗕𝗔𝗖𝗞

chapter fourteen:ej cries for some really weird reason !

chapter fourteen:
ej cries for some really weird reason !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

SEE, VIOLETTA WAS excited about the prospect of the El Rey. It was a potential place where they could continue their show, which is definitely what she wanted — what they all wanted. However, this place just looked downright abandoned.

She walked alongside EJ, her flashlight shining ahead of her. The El Rey was obviously dark — they hadn't found the light switch yet — and extremely outdated, considering all of the lights machinery in the wings. Violetta slightly shivered. The El Rey was also a little bit cold, but Violetta was sure that she shivered because the place gave her the creeps.

"Right this way," Miss Jenn called to all of them as they navigated their way through the theater. "Follow me. Smell that smell, the theater. Mold, it's a sign of life. Everyone, watch your step. And, uh, let me know if you haven't had a tetanus shot recently, okay?"

"You know, this place doesn't feel right," Violetta admitted. "It just seems off."

"I think it's haunted," Kourtney replied. "And I ain't about that. I mean, you can fight a person but you can't fight a ghost."

Violetta stopped in her tracks for a moment, blinking in confusion. "What?"

"I'm just saying."

EJ shook his head and tapped Violetta's shoulder. "Come on, V. Keep going."

"Where did she come up with that?" Violetta whispered.

"Not sure, but you're causing a hold up."

That was true. She just so happened to stop right in the middle of their path — oh God, she was one of those people. Violetta quickly joined the others on the stage of the El Rey, multiple statues and stage props illuminated by their flashlights. Violetta approached Athena just as somebody found a light switch, making everything a lot easier. She was too busy laughing and moving props with her friends that she failed to notice EJ had slipped away. Violetta was too blind sighted by her own elevated mood and the happy moods of everyone else as they realized maybe the El Rey could actually work.

Violetta laughed at something Athena had said before walking a prop over to the wings. She saw EJ standing there in the front corner of the stage, staring out at the empty rows of seats, seemingly sulking. Violetta raised an eyebrow and approached him after setting down the prop she had moved.