twelve.

12.| BUT DARLING

| BUT DARLING

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

ONCE THEY ATE THE Thai takeout with her mum and Rory, Riley and Jess managed to head outside without any protests from her mum. Lorelai seemed relatively pleased that she was able to intervene and spend some time with Riley and Jess now that they were a couple. Riley just knew it was because her mum didn't like to be left out of things, especially when it concerned her daughters. And so now, if anyone in town asked Lorelai about Riley and Jess, she wouldn't feel like she didn't know anything.

"You know, i thought that would have been worse" Jess says unexpected after their lunch with her family

"Glad, we're on the same page" Riley agrees walking beside him, her fingers lightly brushing his as they walked together. Jess looks down at their hands, looks up back at Riley asking for approval, she gives him her approval and he intertwines their hands together "so, i think we should now talk about how we continue this"

Jess nods his head and warrants "go ahead"

"so, first we should probably come with how we got together" Riley starts nervously, Jess didn't seem to happy about this

"Do we have to?" He asks frowning and Riley laughed at this

"Yes we have to, people are gonna ask so it's important we get our stories aligned. Let's tell people that we were arguing over something, cause that would be believable, lets say we were arguing over a book and then we kept going back and forth on it until eventually you ask me out" Riley goes along pretty happy with the story she came up with

Jess raises his eyebrows "thats horrible, how come i asked you out? why couldn't you ask me out? you're the one who came running to me begging me to date you"

"Please i don't run" Riley pfft's "i walked over to you in a hurried manner, very different from running, and it's so much more romantic when a guy asks a girl out first"

"Well, i'm not a romantic guy" Jess discloses, lightly swinging around their hands

"You brought me muffins, thats pretty romantic" Riley then tells him, giving him a smile

"It's not that hard to make you happy"

"And yet you manage to do the opposite" Riley bites back

Jess gives her a mere offended look "Oh, i do the opposite, huh? you seemed pretty happy about those muffins to me but if you don't want them i can easily take them back"

Riley tightened her grip on Jess and warned "don't you dare touch my muffins!"

"What book we're we arguing about?" Jess then asks going back onto topic

Riley thought about for a second and then answers "okay, maybe we weren't precisely arguing over a book, but over Dickens"

"Going straight for Dickens" Jess says impressed with her but then goes "but why we're we arguing over him?"