Another One Bites the Dust

Victoria had a choice, either she could go with Sherlock to Scotland Yard, or she could go with John to check further into the Andrew West case that Mycroft was impatiently inquiring about. She decided on the latter, wanting a change of scenery, and to avoid the undeniable guilt she would feel as she lied through her teeth to her closest friend. Not only that, but to also avoid a deep yearning she felt when around Sherlock. Something that had awakened with the talk that Irene and her had the day prior. The dominatrix was right. Victoria was undoubtedly in love with Sherlock. That was the ultimate decision she made to herself at the end of the chaos that was yesterday, but with that decision made, it was simply another thing she would have to hide from him. The list of things she was hiding was progressively growing longer. 

She pulled up her phone, going to her notes, tapping one called 'Things You Must Tell Sherlock', it read:

         tell him what happened to my dad.

         tell him I've worked for Moriarty for years.

         tell him i don't work for Moriarty.

         tell him that as soon as i arrived to London Moriarty "rehired" me.

Victoria sighed, reading over the words, then typed the following:

           tell him you love him.

Victoria put her phone away, walking alongside John, they had been guided by the tube guard, following a railway somewhere in Battersea. Apparently Andrew West had thrown himself in front a train. John looked around, gesturing to the tracks, "So this is where West was found?"

"Yeah. Say, will this take you two long?" The tube guard asked briskly.

"Might be, lots to see." John said.

"You two with the police, then? Sorry, but ya don't look like coppers." He looked them both up and down curiously.

"You could say we are, yeah." Victoria nodded.

"I hate 'em." The tube guard shook his head.

"Well, then, no we are not police." Victoria folded her arms.

"No, no, you misunderstand. I'm talking about jumpers." He pointed to the tracks before them. "People who chuck themselves in front of trains. Selfish bastards."

John squats down to take a closer look, making a face at the man's statement, "Suppose that's one way of looking at it."

The tube guard continued, "No, I mean it. It's alright for them. It's over in a split second. Then we've got strawberry jam all over the lines. What about the drivers, hm? They've gotta live with  it, haven't they?"

John runs his fingers over the railway track, rubbing them together, standing up and looking to his clean tips, "Speaking of strawberry jam, there's no blood on the line. Has it been cleaned up?"

"No, there wasn't that much." The tube guard shrugged.

Victoria scrunched her brows together, "That doesn't make sense. You said his head was smashed in, yeah?"

"Yeah, but there wasn't that much blood." He explained further. The two friends look to each other, following the track together. "Look I'll leave you two to it. I've got work, just give us shout when you're off." The tube guard gave a wave, leaving them to investigate further.