A Dangerous Game

After a brief taxi ride, the trio had arrived at Scotland Yard, an all too familiar setting, that only meant one thing. A game was afoot and Sherlock was brimming with excitement. Lestrade watched as they entered, nodding to them, "You like the funny ones, don't you? The surprising ones."

"Obviously." Sherlock said bluntly, walking alongside Lestrade, following him to his office.

"Well, you'll love this one..That explosion." Lestrade stated.

"Gas leak, yes?" Sherlock asked quickly.

"No."

"No?" He rose a brow in surprise.

"Nope. Made to look like one." Lestrade carried on, letting them all enter his office where everything seemed normal, the only thing that captured their attention was the white envelope. "Hardly anything left of the place, except this, a strong box- a very strong box. Inside it was this." He points to what everyone had there eyes on.

"You haven't opened it?" Sherlock asked.

"It's addressed to you, isn't it?" Lestrade pointed to it, "Don't worry, it was put through the x-ray. It's not booby-trapped." The man stated, causing Victoria to wince in fear of something happening. What a strange thing to find...Almost too strange, far from the ordinary. That's how Moriarty played his games.

"How reassuring." Sherlock reached for it carefully with gloved hands, looking over the paper, then to his name that was written on the front. A royal blue color."Nice stationery. Bohemian. From the Czech Republic. No fingerprints?"

"No."

"She used a fountain pen. A Parker Duo-fold-iridium nib." Sherlock stated.

John scrunched his face in confusion,"She?"

"Obviously."

"Oh, yes, obviously." Victoria nodded her head, glancing over the letters and hummed in thought. She could somewhat see how he gathered that. It was neat. Almost feminine in it's own way.She glanced over to see a woman with dark curls and a sour face enter the room to set some files down on the desk nearest to the door. The red head offered a smile, but she didn't offer one in return.

Sherlock opened the envelope and everyone looked on in surprise at what was now resting in his hand. A pink phone. Could it be the very phone from the blog?

"But that's-that's the phone-the pink phone." John stuttered in awe.

"Like, what? From 'The Study in Pink'?" Lestrade rose a brow.

"I mean obviously it's not the same- "A Study in Pink'? You've read his blog?" Sherlock asked in exasperation, almost sounding appalled at the fact.

"Of course, I have, we all have." Lestrade chuckled," Did you really not know that the Earth goes around the sun?"

A laugh was heard at the door, the sour faced woman, Sally, turns to leave after receiving a glare from the detective, and Victoria. Then the focus returned to the pink phone

"It isn't the same phone. This phone is brand new." Sherlock muttered, his eyes flickering rather quickly over the device."Someone has gone through a lot of trouble to make it look like the same phone, which means your blog..." Sherlock turns to John with an accusatory gaze, John simply looked away,"Has a far wider readership."

Victoria shook her head in anticipation,"Just turn it on, will ya?"

The man raises a brow, then looks to her pointedly and switches on the mobile. "You have one new message." The technical voice spoke. The voicemail played, five beeps, the last one dragging on unlike to the others."