TO GO ON A DATE {Revised}

"What?" Sherlock asked, causing Victoria to laugh at his naïveté.

"It's where two people who like each other go and have fun." John explained slowly.

"Thats what I was suggesting." Sherlock replied. 

Victoria simply patted his shoulder with a shake of her head. "No, no."

"No it wasn't or at least I hope you were planning on taking Victoria out," John said, pointing to two and chuckled, "If that's the case, then good luck to you."

"Where are you taking the lucky lady?" Victoria asked with a blush on her face, attempting to brush over the topic of her Sherlock going on a date.

"Cinema." John replied.

"Oh thats fun!" Victoria spoke, just as Sherlock did, but his response was far less pleasant. "Dull, boring, predictable."

"Dont listen to this ass. It's fine." Victoria sighed irritably, rolling my eyes. Sherlock then pulled out slips of paper from his trouser pockets,"Why dont you try this? In London for one night only." He handed John a poster advertising a Chinese traveling circus.

John chuckles, shaking his head,"Thanks but I don't come to you for dating advice."

After John took a shower and finished getting ready he left the flat to meet his date, Sarah. Sherlock and Victoria stood in the living room silently, delving back into the case.

The red head, blew a strand of hair from her field of vision as she attempted to search through another crate of books. Sherlock sighed softly, walking over to stand next to her, "Victoria, uh... Would you like to go out....tonight?" Sherlock asked.

Victoria stopped what she was doing and peered up at the rather flustered detective, smiling at him. "Sherlock Holmes are you asking me out on a date?"

"Yes. It's when two people who like each other go out amd have fun, yes?"Sherlock asked with a questioning face.

"Sure, Sherlock I'll go out with you, but you better have me home before midnight, yeah?" The young woman walked over to her bag that held clothes, then proceeded to walk to the bathroom. He smiled at the woman's fleeing form, then let it falter almost feeling guilty that this wasn't going to be a typical date night.

No matter they were only friends after all.

~

Victoria walked out clean and fresh wearing a new set of clothes. A striped, blue and white sweater, with jeans and brown flats. Her hair was naturally wavy and fell along her back.

"Sherlock, I'm ready when you are." She walked into the room to see he hadn't changed.

He nodded and pulled on his coat. He looked around for his scarf, making Victoria laugh as she pulled it off a pile of books. She wrapped it around his neck, tying it securely. "There you go...Perfect. Now let's get going while the night is young." She couldn't help the excited smile that came upon her face as the duo walked out of 221B, hand in hand.

~

The cab eventually reached their destination, that's when Victoria realized just where they were going. "Sherlock.." Her voice was low, almost annoyed.

"Yes?" he replied.

"Why are we here?" She asked.

He coughed, nervously,"Well I had to come and investigate, considering the fact they will be leaving tomorrow."

Without a word the young woman climbed out of the cab, feeling an angry heat in her heart, but of course she wasn't surprised. Only disappointed.

Sherlock took notice of this and caught up with her after paying the cabbie, "Victoria I promise to do better next time."