Loki (3)

Nat's POV:

'I have to go. Make sure everything's stable. Meet you inside.' Mia said and walked away. When the Hellicarrier took off. I led the pair of men with me inside.

'S.H.I.E.L.D Emergency Protocol, 193.6 in effect. We're at level sir.' Hill told Fury.

'Good. Let's Vanish.' He said

'Engage retro reflection panels.' Mia said, who was standing beside Fury. Looking over everything on the screens in front of her.

'Good work Mia.' Nick told her and she cracked a smile.

Mia's POV: 

'Good work Mia.' Nick told me and I cracked a smile. Everything worked. Steve came up to us and gave ten bucks to Fury. I shot him a questioning look.

'Won a bet.' He muttered and I nodded.

'Doctor, thank you for coming.' Fury told Banner, giving his hand to shake. 

'Thank you for asking nicely.' He said, accepting it.

'How long am I staying?' He asked Nick.

'Once we get our hands on the Tesseract, you're in the wind.' Nick said. 

'Where are you on that?' he asked, Nick gestured towards Phil. 

'We're sweeping every wirelessly accessible camera on the planet. Cell phones, laptops, you name it. If it's collected to a satellite, it's eyes and ears for us.'

'You have to narrow your field. How many spectrometers do you have access to?' He asked, removing his coat.

'Call every lab you know and tell them to put the spectrometers on the roof. Calibrate them for gamma rays.' Dr. Banner said.

'I'll help you rough out a tracking algorithm, basic cluster recognition. We would be able to rule out a few places at least.' I said. Dr. Banner looked at me with impressed eyes. 

'Do you have somewhere for me to work?' He asked.

'Agent Williams, Could you show Dr. banner to the laboratory please?' Nick said and I nodded.

'You're gonna love it Doc. We've got all the toys.' I said as I led him in a hallway. 

'How did you know that?' He asked me once we reached the gate. I got my badge from my pocket and scanned it to enter the lab.

'I've studied multiple fields of science, technology, engineering. So, I know a few things.' I said.

'You'll need a badge to have access to the lab so I'll go and make that for you.' I said and went to another room to make his badge. I quickly did it and went back in the lab to find him starting a code for the algorithm. 

'Here you go.' I said, putting the badge on his table. 

'Thanks.' He said and I gave him a smile. We started to work and we both were in our zones. 

'What do you see me as?' He asked me out of the blue.

'Well Doctor-' I said but he interrupted me.

'Please, call me Bruce.' He said and I nodded. 

'Bruce, you're The Bruce Banner. One of the greatest scientists.' I said and he cracked a smile. 

'Thanks. You don't see me as the other guy?' he asked, I shook my head.

'Why?' he asked me.

'Because I know what it's like. To be caught inside your own body. Feeling like you're something else. A victim of an attack you never wanted.' I said and he gave me a confused glance.

'I'm sorry.' He said looking down.

'Don't worry about it. I would prefer if you don't mention it to anyone.' I said and he nodded. I heard some static and looked down at my walkie talkie.

'Mia, you and Cap are up. We found Loki. Come to the hanger in your suit.' Nick's voice came through.

'Copy that.' I said.

'Good luck, be safe.' He told me. I thanked him and left the lab. I snapped my fingers and changed into my suit. It was a black suit with purple accents and with a cloak which had a mask and a hood so no one could see my face. I reached the hanger and found Steve, Nat and Fury already there. Steve had his new suit on. 

(Your suit) (I found this on Pinterest, I'm not taking any credit. All of it goes to the person who designed it.)

'Thanks for the suit, I really like it

'Thanks for the suit, I really like it.' He said, I nodded and we went in the jet. Nat and I piloted it. When we reached the place, Loki was in front of a man, aiming his spear at him. Steve jumped in front and blocked the beam of energy, it bounced back his shield and hit Loki. I flew behind him.

'You know, the lest time I was in Germany, I saw a man standing above everyone else, we ended up disagreeing.'

'The solider. The man out of time.' Loki said getting up.

'I'm not the one who's out of time.' Steve said and the jet came up behind him. 

'Loki, drop the weapon and stand down.' Nat's voice came through. He shot a ray of energy towards the jet but Nat dodged it. Steve threw his shield at Loki and it hit him. Everyone scrambled away from us. Loki pushed Steve away and he got knocked back down. I went in front of him and used my powers. I purple mist formed around him and he got locked in it. 

'I'm the God of Mischief and lies, you can't keep me encased in this pathetic energy bubble.' Loki said and broke his hands free. He grabbed his spear and put the end on my head.

'Kneel.' He said.

'Like hell, I will.' I muttered and roundhouse kicked him in the face. He caught my leg and flung me to a wall. I grunted in pain as my ankle collided with it. Steve came up to Loki and they fought. Loki won in the end. Suddenly, ACDC music started playing. Iron Man came flying and shot Loki with a beam of his repulsers. He got knocked down and his spear fell far away from him.

'Make your move Reindeer Games.' He said, pointing his repulsers at him. The armour faded away from him and he held his hands up in surrender.

'Good move.' He said as the bullets retracted. We got Loki on the jet and I grabbed an icepack rom the first aid kit and wrapped it around my now swollen, left ankle.

'I don't like it.' Steve said.

'What? Rock of Ages giving up so easily?'

'I don't remember it being that easy. This guy packs a wallop.'

'And still, you are pretty spry for an older fellow.' Tony said and I rolled my eyes.

'You might have missed a few things, doing time as a Capsicle.' Steve's jaw tightened.

'Fury didn't tell me that he was calling you in.' Steve said.

'There's a lot of things that Fury doesn't tell you.' Tony said. Suddenly, lighting struck and started to shake the jet.

'Where'd this coming from?' Nat asked.

'You scared of a little lightning?' Steve asked Loki who was looking up now. I remembered Selvig saying something on the lines of Loki's brother Thor who I knew was the god of Thunder.