Chapter 18: Courageous Heart (Finale)

I'm sorry for uploading this too late. But might as well put an ending to this book. I originally wrote the story without an ending. Just a cliffhanger that will leave readers asking, what happened: Did she stay? Did they end up together? Is this the ending?

Alas, as they say, better late than never, here's the final upload. I hope that you like this story. Give a comment below. Thank you very much. ❤️

..........

Finale: Courageous Heart

Courage, a noun, it is the ability to do something that you know is difficult or dangerous. Courage is taking action in spite of the fear you feel. Courage is the willingness to respond fearlessly despite the anxiety and worry that you might get hurt.

"Don't go. At least, not yet." He said with his deep eyes on me.

I was frozen. I couldn't move. My eyes locked on his.

He started to talk again. "I have been stupid, coward, and immature for the last 4 years, and I have been blaming myself for not telling you sooner that."

"I love you." The words came straight out of my mouth with all honesty and sincerity. "I love you Dan, for 4 straight years. I.... I have been scared too. And I truly wish I wasn't, but it's all too late now. I'm leaving." Finally, I said it.

He moved closer. He put his right hand on my cheek, and his left held my right hand. His eyes still lock on mine. "I love you. I love you too. And I'm sorry for not finding the courage to tell you before. I'd been liking you since the beginning of our first year. The night of your accident, I was about to tell you that I like you. I saved your life but I lost the chance of telling you my feelings. The next day, you acted that you didn't remember me, and I felt that maybe I do not have a chance on you, that you might not be interested, so I just kept my feelings. I spent the last four years watching you from a distance. Making sure you're safe and happy, I was content back then, and then this shuffling happened. It made me closer to you, and day by day, it's just getting harder and harder to hide my feelings. I love you Angel."

"I have always remembered you and everything that happened that day. It was the reason I fell in love with you but." I was about to say more, but he hugged me tightly. I hugged him back.

"No buts Angel, let's not waste another second of our time together. I know that you're leaving and I understand that I don't have a say on it, neither do you. Let's make the rest of our time together worthwhile. No regrets, just love, and I'm not saying that LDR is easy. But I'm very willing to give it a try. I'm willing to wait for you, or if you're willing to wait for me, I'll apply to a University in Canada near you. We will make this work Angel, I know we can."

"Wow, Mr. Daniel, you have planned everything." I can't hide my happiness.

He then holds my two hands and asks. "So are you in?"

"Definitely. Absolutely." I do.

He leaned closer than never before. We shared our first kiss and hugged each other.

I have always fantasised and dreamt of this day. My heart is so full and light at the same time. Heaven has opened its doors for an Angel. I am loved by the guy that I have loved my whole life. I have never been this happier. I have never been this brave.

The rest of my months in the country were spent with my friends D and Jessie. Sometimes Mina and Tricia will be there too. They're still giving me the mean eyes but I learned to ignore it and looked at the brighter side. Gio and Jake hung out with us from time to time. Jake and Jessie started dating and she has never been so happy. Gio and I remain good friends, I can tell that he's happy for me and Dan, and Jessie feels the same way too.

Dan and I started to date and spend more time together. I have even introduced him to my parents and I also finally met his mom. We baked, cooked, and went to picnics; we played judo and soccer. We rewatched our all time favourite movies; introduced him to the K World and made him become a BTS fan. Cheered for him to pass his driver's license test; taught me how to drive. Found a University in Canada for us and helped him with his applications. We shared each other's dreams, hopes, and plans for the future.

We kissed under the stars. We kissed in the rain. We are in love.

2 days before my flight, he planned a surprise sendoff for me. D, Jessie, Gio, Jake, Mina, and Tricia were there. I was sad and happy at the same time.

"I can't believe I'm leaving in two days. I can't believe that I'm leaving you" I complained to Dan

"Remember, we will make this work." He kissed my forehead and said, "I love you."

"I love you too. Thank you for making me this happy."

If there's something I mostly learned from everything that has happened, it is that you have to take courage. Love takes courage. Chances take courage. Happiness takes courage. I would not have to do all of those mean things if I just walked to him and said I like him. I know, easier said than done, but this antagonist heart isn't antagonist anymore. This heart is courageous and confident; a heart that's willing to take the chances and challenges of love and life; because loving someone is a leap of faith.

Antagonist heart signing off.

***