Chapter 9: CONFESSIONS

9. CONFESSIONS 9.

***

Why am I feeling guilty all of a sudden? Jessie just called me her best friend and it didn't feel good at all. Am I that really good at acting or I'm just really being a good friend to her? I can't be her best friend, I have D. I know we will still be even if we're not together. But when I found out that Mina and D were being good friends, I started to get scared and jealous. So I asked her to join me for lunch today since Jessie and her friends are going together.

Our lunch is a little bit quieter and uneasy, it's nothing like before. There's silence in the air, and I wonder how long we can take it.

"So, how's your evil plan?" D began asking me, finally. But I'm not expecting that question though.

"Well, it's working fine." I lied. No it's not, Dan is still with her and she's friends with Mina and Tricia again.

"Really? Having her back with her friends is also a part of your plan then." she sounded sarcastic.

"You already know it?"

"I heard it from Mina."

"So you two are close now?" I began asking sarcastically.

"What? Why? Is there something wrong with that? At least I'm acting real, not like you!" D screamed. It looks like I picked the wrong question.

"I can't believe we're talking like this!"

"Really? Well believe it, because it's all your fault anyway!" She answered back.

"D why are you being like this?"

"I'm always like this Gel! You're the one who changed here. You are the one who changes everything. I told you, don't go too far, that it will make it hard for you to come back to me. But now as I can see it, you are already lost. You are not yourself at all. You even get them back together and you have to do something now, so we won't get caught!"

"Me? Do I have to fix this alone?"

D handed me a phone.

"This is my sister's. The one we used to set them up. I'm giving you a last chance to use this to fix our problem, and until you're not through with your ever silly plans, I will not talk to you. Just give it to me when your finished using it.'' She explained everything and left immediately after that.

D really went mad at me. What should I do now? Is she really serious about leaving me behind like this? Can I handle it alone? But she's right, it's all my fault anyway. I guess I really have to face this alone now. I opened the phone and started to write a text message:

It's all my fault. I just set you up cause I don't want you to be in my life anymore. I'm sorry.

-Jessie

Before I was about to send the message, something came up in my head. What Jessie told me keeps playing in my ears. 'Thank you for being my best friend'. I can't send this. I really can't. Conscience and guilt is playing with me now, and they're about to eat me.

"Oh crap! What now?" I shouted.

"Looks like someone is in a bad mood today!" Gio teased me.

"Gio!" My heart jumped in shock. I panicked and quickly hid the phone in my pocket.

"Yes, it's me again."

"You're really good at popping up in the air Gio. Next time just show up in front of me."

"Sometimes people tend to look in front of them just to wait for someone else, that they didn't realize that there's already someone beside them, well behind them sometimes." He smiled.

"What do you mean? Of course Gio I also see you. I'm just asking you to stop giving me a heart attack every time you're going to talk to me." I joked around.

"You didn't get it, did you?" his voice started to get serious.

"What do you mean?"

"Angel, I like you, a lot." the words came out of his mouth quickly.

"Gio, I.. I don't know what to say." Yes, I'm really speechless. I never expected those words to anyone but Dan. Gio, the highschool heartthrob? Why me?

"Don't worry! You don't have to answer right away. I just want you to know now. I'm not rushing you or anything. I just want you to know what I feel for you."

Gio, I seriously don't know that you like me. I thought what's happening between us is just plain friendship. What will I do now?

He stepped closer to the balcony of our building and leaned his chest against the railing.

"Oh look, is it Dan there? And there's Jessie too, but why is she crying?" Gio suddenly changed the topic, maybe to cool the air around us. But wait, Jessie? And Dan?

"Who's crying? Jessie? Why?" I stepped closer and saw Dan hugging Jessie and I immediately felt a strong pain in my chest. Then it reminded me of the phone in my pocket.

"Oh my gosh! No! Gio, I have to go"

He looked confused on my sudden expression, but he let me go.

"Sure! Be careful, but Angel, nothing changes between us right?"

"Yeah, we will still be...... friends."

I ran towards the Wash Room and checked the phone quickly. I was so nervous I nearly dropped it in the toilet. I opened the phone and my body stiffened when I read the notification on the screen.

"Message sent!"

***

Uh Oh! Look who's in bigger trouble now. :) Thanks for reading. ^_^