Chapter 3: The start of lies

3. The Start of Lies 3.

***

"What the hell happened to you?" Dianne screamed at me when she saw the bandage on my left foot.

"Don't worry D, I'm seriously fine. I just twisted my ankle during judo yesterday."

"You're in judo? You didn't even tell me!"

Oops I kinda forgot telling D about that. D hates it when she's the last person who will know the latest thing about me.

"I didn't mention it because you're busy lecturing me about my silly plan and I thought that you would also lecture me for joining the silly judo team."

"I see. I would have lectured you if I knew. Well there goes your karma for not telling me." pointing at my left foot.

"Happy now?" She's starting it again. Bossy as she is.

"Okay. I want to tell you something to brighten you up."

"What?" I said it without paying much attention. Sometimes she really irritates me. Being the boss all the time and all that stuff.

"I'm willing to help you, shuffle our class, but, in one condition."

My eyes widened and my mood lighten up. What D told me, really surprised me. She's really willing to help me do it?

"What?" I said it again, but this time with so much focus.

"In one condition, if we get separated, we still need to eat our lunch together and..."

"And...? And what D?"

"We'll still be best friends even if we're apart."

"Absolutely D! Of course we will still be. No matter what happens. Even if we're a thousand miles apart. I promise."

"You're exaggerating now. Speaking of, how's your migrating plans in Canada?"

"Oh that?" If D knows that we're leaving, she will never agree to help me. Never.

"I still don't know yet. I have no idea." I lied and hoped she wouldn't notice.

"Oh? You should tell me as soon as you have the details."

"Of....Of course. To..Totally. So what's the plan?" I hope this will change the topic.

"Oh that? If there are 2 people in our junior year who are capable of doing so much commotion in school, there's no doubt that it would be Tricia and Mina."

"Mina and who? Who are they? I never heard of them." Seriously, the people I know here in school would be my classmates, my team, Dan of course, and his girlfriend.

"Seriously Gel, do you live under a rock? Perhaps you don't know them because they're always at the back of Jessie Daza, and when Jessie's in front, you'll never notice any girl at her back."

The girls who laughed at me when I bumped into Jessie yesterday. It's them. The two pesky girls.

"Tricia, is a rich brat, the only girl in their family. Her mother died when she was born so she was left with her father and 4 big and older brothers. In short,  she grew up being a spoiled brat. She's a member of the dance club even if she doesn't have any talent to dance at all."

"Then, what is she doing there?" I curiously asked.

"She paid the club, not the teacher but the entire member so that she can get much attention when she's on stage."

"Talk about popularity obsession. How about Mina?" I curiously asked.

"Nothing much about her, she doesn't do anything at all, she's not a member of anything here and her IQ is below average. But, you see, she really has a face, I think even prettier than Jessie that makes Tricia insecure."

I didn't answer. I'm so speechless. D is really a dictionary for everything, a human Google, a walking Wikipedia.

D continued. "Anyway the two are always fighting, and competing with each other. Competing for attention, for popularity that's why they stick with Jessie, for boys and even in beauty. It would be really easy to break up those two."

"Let me guess, you already have a plan do you?" I accused rather than guessed.

"I'm not going to war without a plan, Angel. Come closer." I put my head closer to hers and she started to whisper the plan to me.

A simple text message full of lies should be sent to Tricia and Mina at the same time so the commotion would start as soon as possible. Mina does not think before she acts, and Tricia, being the insecure one would be very frustrated when she reads what's in it. We're going to use the phone number of D's sister (who's currently in Chicago) so that our identities would be covered.

While having our lunch break, we decided to do it.

The message contains the following:

I heard Tricia/Mina is throwing a party at her house this Friday night. Everyone's invited, the basketball team, the NP (newspaper club) and all of the popular personalities in school. Jessie is coming over as a sponsor of the party's DJ. All should come except for one stupid head/one rich brat: Mina/Tricia.

And message sent.

After sending the SMS we hurry to the balcony hoping to find the two. They were easily spotted from afar because of the noise they're making and the people who were trying to stop them. Lucky to say, we also spotted our principal peaking at the window. As soon as she saw the two attracting more and more people, she quickly stepped out of her office and called the security to stop those two.

All of the students including D and I returned to our respective class with a trembling question in our heads. Is it mission accomplished?

Fifteen (15) minutes before the class ended, the news was spread from our very own principal via room speakers.

"Attention Junior Students, due to the absurd and inappropriate behaviour of two of your batch mates, as well as the destruction and commotion they made, I hereby announce the sudden shuffling of the whole Junior class. Effective next week."

So short yet so meaningful. The moment my classmates heard the news, all of them protested, screamed that it was very unfair for the rest of us, some of them even cried. At least except for the two of us who know that this will happen. But we still exchanged hugs, knowing that after this, we may not be the same as before anymore.

And yes, mission accomplished.

***