Chapter 8: FRIENDSHIP

8.FRIENDSHIPS 8.

***

"Hi Angel! I'm sorry I made you worried yesterday." Jessie apologized to me the moment she saw me entering the room today.

Well, I'm also sorry I hugged your boyfriend yesterday. Dan and I agreed to keep what happened in the past between us. For him, there's really no reason for anyone to find out about it, and maybe he also doesn't want Jessie to know.

"What happened to you?" I asked worriedly after seeing her bruises.

"Well, you see. I fell down the stairs and fainted." she explained.

"Oh my! Please be careful. Look at your bruises, they're quite large.". I screamed in shock when I saw the bruises in her arms and legs. Jessie, please, don't ruin your gorgeous body.

"Don't worry, I'm really used to this kind of stuff."

And yeah! She's really the fragile one, physically.

"So did Dan visit you?"

"No, he just called me and asked if I'm alright." she kinda looked disappointed. "You see, he's not the romantic type of guy." she continued.

"Are you serious? I mean really?". Couldn't I be a little bit more curious than this?

She nodded. "We have never been on a lunch break together cause he said he wants to spend more time with his friends. We rarely speak at school. Actually we never even kissed. I hugged him one time and he got mad at me."

Are we talking about the same guy here? We talked here in school whenever we saw each other, even though we always ended up fighting and all. I just spent the lunch break with him yesterday and I even hugged him too without him getting angry. Is there something wrong?

"Ahmm, Angel?"

She might have seen my curious expression.

"Yes?" I immediately answered.

"Are you doing something later?"

"After class? No, I don't think I'll be doing anything."

"Well if you're free. Can you go with me to a nearby cafè after class?"

"Yes. Who are you meeting?" Don't tell me you're cheating on Dan?

"After some time, Tricia and Mina finally agreed to talk. But if they fight again today, I would not be able to control them. That's why I really need you to come with me. Angel, please?"

What?! I'm the reason they fought and you also want me to be the reason why they're back? What will D think If she finds out? But, if I say no, I would miss their conversation and they might find that they had been set up.

"Okay, I'll go."

After class, we immediately went. It's just two blocks away from our school. I could really just walk all the way to it but as you see, I have Jessie with me. We used her car to go there. It's my first time being in a classmate's car, and it feels awkward for me. She just commanded her driver and he immediately followed.

"Sakura Café."

"Sakura Cafe? I'd never been there." I told her.

"It's new, Dan's older sister owns it."

"Rebecca Esguerra?"

"Oh you know her?"

"She's Ms. St. James 5 years ago." I exclaimed.

"She's also their batch valedictorian." Jessie added.

"and the Gold winner of the 48th National Swimming Competition."