Chapter 5: MEETING THE ENEMY

5. MEETING THE ENEMY 5.

***

This is going to be the start of something new in my life. I looked for my name at the list of junior students in the bulletin. There are only three sections in our year: Red, Yellow and Blue. I know, it's lame, but I don't care what section I'm in. I just want to be with Dan. I scanned each paper while I look for my name and his. The first section that I looked into was Blue.

The first name on the list was Dianne. That made me nervous. I should still spend my remaining days here with her. I should be in this section too. I browse the paper downwards with my finger, Esguerra, Daniel is here too. It made my heart stop beating. I should definitely be here. My best friend and the guy that I like is here. I couldn't afford to lose them both. I browse downwards more, and a little bit more until I finished the first section. I was not on the list. I'm not in their section. That made me really disappointed. What is happening? How come this is happening? My dreams. My plan. It's all ruined.

I stopped looking for my name, knowing it would be all useless. There's no point of being excited at all. Everything would still be the same. I'm still not with Dan and I even lost my best friend.

I was just standing in front of the bulletin together with the other students looking for their section, until Lyra approached me.

"Hey teammate! Looks like we're also classmates now? We're both in Red girl!"

"Yeah.....Awesome." I answered without any positivity in my tone. At least I know where I should go now.

I was about to go when I saw D.

"Angel! You've seen it? Are we?"

"Sorry D! You're in Blue now."

"And you are?"

"Same as before, Red"

"And Superman?"

"Same as yours."

"Oh my gosh! I don't know what to say. I'm sorry Gel."

"It's not your fault D." What can I say? It was my silly idea after all.

"Look at the bright side Gel. At least I can be your spy on Dan. I'll do it for free. Cheer up"

That made me smile a little. "Thanks."

"So, see you at lunch?"

I nodded. I'm out of words now. D tapped me at my back and she left for her class. Come to think of it, I'm going to be late for my class too. I'd never been late my entire life. Well that's the only thing that's new. At least there is one.

When I came to class, I found my Science teacher in front. She let my behavior pass and let me enter the room. There's only one seat left, and it looked like we were seated alphabetically again.

I sat quietly while she continued writing on the board. I swiftly got my pen and pad out of my bag when my seatmate started talking to me.

"Hi, I'm Jessica Daza."

I was shocked. Jessie and I were classmates now and even seated next to each other. This is not happening. I asked for Dan and I was given his girlfriend.

"Ahmm and you are?" she continued.

"Oh! I'm sorry. I'm Angel Montecillo."

Jessie smiled. "You really like apologizing do you?"

"I'm sorry, what?" I curiously asked.

She laughed. "You apologized to me many times when you bumped into me in the hallway last week, remember?" she explained.