25. One of 'those people'

TW: homophobic remarks and maybe some sexy stuff

The same day

"It's always been you Stefania. Just you"

Stefania looked up at the woman she loved. Butterflies swarming in her stomach. She put her hand on her cheek, "I don't understand how I got so lucky," bringing her in for a short kiss.

"Hmm I know, what a lucky woman you are," Danielle jokingly says. Stefania rolls her eyes playfully, "Stupida," she chuckles. "How are you feeling right now?"

"Right now? Amazing," Danielle answers as she looks into her favorite pair of brown eyes. The blonde was playing with the fabric of the brunettes shirt while the brunette was twirling the blonde's hair around her finger.

"When are you gonna call your mama?" Stefania asks warily. Danielle loosens her embrace, groaning in the process. "I guess I should now. It's still early there so she's not left for work yet,"

Since their dynamic had changed, Stefania had learned more about her bambina's coping mechanisms. For instance, when Danielle was playing with her rings and fingers, she knew that her anxiety was acting up.

"Do you want me to stay?" opening her hands to give the blonde full access to it. "I don't know," she sighed, "I'm scared," she admitted. Stefania brought the blonde's hand to her lips, softly pressing a few on them.

"I know you are bambina," she squeezed her hand for reassurance. "Whatever will happen, I'll be right here for you. I'm not leaving," she adamantly said.

Danielle looked up at Stefania, blushing while thinking of how much she loved the woman in front of her. "What are you thinking off? I said nothing to make you blush,"

Blue eyes looked up lovingly, a smile appearing on her face. She was so in love with this woman and she wanted nothing more than to scream it off of the rooftops.

Not a single person has ever come close to how Stefania made her feel. She felt cherished and loved. It was a feeling so strong that there really were no words to describe it.

"Nothing, I just-" she pressed her forehead against Stefania's, looking into those hazel brown eyes that made her feel so safe. "I appreciate you,"

A soft smile crept on her face, "And I you bambina," Stefania moved in for a tender kiss. A kiss that the blonde happily reciprocated. "Will you stay in the room with me?"

"If you want me to then, si," to which Danielle instantly nodded. Stefania moved to her desk, reaching for her nail polish. She thought it was best to give Danielle some sort of privacy but still giving her the comfort and safety she needed by staying in the room.

She couldn't decide between maroon and baby blue. Two completely different colors. "Which color?" she asked the blonde. Danielle was trying to make herself comfortable now that the brunette had left her side. She looked up, contemplating which color.

"Baby blue," solely picking the color because the color somewhat matched her eye color. "Oh, baby?" remembering something that she had wanted to say to the brunette since this morning.

Stefania smiled, loving it whenever she called her baby. "Hmm?" she looked up while opening the baby blue nail polish. "You havent posted anything on social media since the earthquake. People are worried about you, not knowing if you made it," she referred to the earthquakes.

The brunette was deep in her thoughts. She had completely forgotten about her phone. She wasn't a fan of social media in general but that was just because she didn't quite understand it. It warmed her heart though that so many people were worried about her well being.