28. One more day

Saturday 17th of June 2021

One more day. One more day until their bubble was broken. One more day until they had to share each other again. One more day where a see you later would come sooner than expected. One more day until they had to be apart for a period of time that was yet to be determined.

A few more days until they couldn't fall asleep in each other's arms anymore. A few more days until they couldn't turn to each other's touch whenever they needed it. A few more days until they couldn't turn to each other's scent to calm themselves down.

A few more days until they couldn't experience each other's favorite sounds in live actions anymore. Their laugh. Sighs of content. Their heartbeats, beating faster whenever they were near each other.

Even each other's burps and farts, they'd become quite childlike with each other in that sense. Loving how comfortable they had grown with each other.

They weren't ready to let each other go for one bit. Danielle tried her hardest to be excited for Stefania. She knew how important the short film was for her. So naturally, she pushed her feelings down, not wanting her feelings to get in the way of anything.

It had almost become a habit for Danielle to wake up before Stefania. As usual, Stefania was holding onto Danielle like her life depended on it. Her knuckles white from holding onto the hem of her tanktop. Her body almost on top of her own, making it difficult to wriggle out of her hold.

Her bladder was too full, really needing to go to the bathroom. Danielle gently tried to loosen her girlfriends grip on her. Rather unsuccessfully as the brunette started to whimper at the loss of contact. Whenever their was a slight loss of contact, Stefania would whimper in her sleep. 

It was one of Danielle's favorite things about Stefania. It made her feel loved and needed. It made her want to never leave her girlfriend's side, wanting to protect and love her at all costs. "No, no," whimpered at the loss of contact, "My bambina," Stefania let out as Danielle was finally able to untangle herself from her koala. 

"Shh, baby. You're okay, I'll be right back," she whispered, giving her a kiss on the forehead. The tossing and turning from the brunette slowed down, a small smile appearing on her face in her sleep when she heard the blonde whisper, "I love you,"

Danielle was on the toilet longer than expected as she was scrolling through her Instagram. Stefania meanwhile woke up in bed alone. She tried to reach out for Danielle but was met with disappointment. She stormed off to the bathroom, wanting to scold her girlfriend for having left her alone in bed. 

The blonde almost jumped off of the toilet seat as the door was suddenly opened with Stefania barging in. "Stefania! You scared the shit out of me," as she reached for her chest, rubbing over it to calm herself down. She didn't bother to cover herself up, nor did she get up. 

She was met with a stern face from the Italian. A stern face that did not fully meet the eye as a slight pout was visible. Without hesitation and permission, the Italian straddled the American's lap, resting her head on her shoulder. Taking in her scent as she felt Danielle's arms snaking around her waist. 

"Good morning you big baby," she chuckled, trying to comfort her Italian girl. "Ouch!" Danielle almost screamed out, "What was that for?" she reached for her neck where Stefania had just bit her. "I'm not a big baby. You shouldn't have left me," she looked up at Danielle with her big brown puppy eyes. 

Danielle moved her hand away from the place she was just bitten in, reaching for the toilet paper so that she could give Stefania what she needed. Some quality time before their last day in the Spampinato house before they would leave for Rome.