|EXCERPT|

Taimoor placed the lasts of the delicate chinaware onto the small wrought iron dining table. The round marble top table, was placed next to the apartment's floor length windows. From the windows, the greenhouse peaking through. The place was the epitome of serenity. And now observing his wife, basking under the minimal light, her brunette hair, soft like silk, tousled over her shoulders, his heart felt warm. Lilah his wife — of two days, was engrossed in the sunday special of the Harper's Bazar magazine.

Taimoor was thankful to the large spread his parents had sent for them. Knowing both he and Lilah, were no good in the kitchen. His parents had gone all out. From muffins to warm, freshly baked breads. Eggs, pastries, sausages, donuts, cream puffs, butter and jams of three kinds — orange, strawberry and blueberry.

Taking seat beside her, on the wooden bench attached to the glass of the windows. Lilah shifted slightly, her head resting on his chest, legs crossed on the bench, eyes still focused on the fashion magazine. She was a vision in the beige silk slip dress and loose plaid, satin robe. Taimoor in shorts and a silk robe himself. His hair, slightly reaching below his neck.

"La mia bellezza , have breakfast," he whispered.

Smiling to notice the small pout on Lilah's face. Her attention not diverting for even a second.

"Baby? Sweetheart? Honey? Lilah?" He kissed her neck.

His arms wrapped around her waist as he waited for her to finally give him attention.

"M–Moor?" She tilted her head.

Looking up at him. A small smile on her face.

"La mia bellezza. It's time for breakfast," he softly pried the magazine out of her hands.

Lilah nodded, focusing her attention on the foods infront of her. The tips of her nails drumming the tablecloth. There was too much food and Lilah found it difficult to search for her usual.

"Moor". She turned to him.

His gaze already fixated on her.

"Yes sweetheart?" He brushed the tendrils of hair away from her face.

"So much food. N-not my usual. I—" she stuttered.

A bit embarrassed for causing so much fuss.

"You want something light?" He inquired.

Lilah nodded, staring at his flexing biceps as he moved the dishes around, settling on a piece of toasted baguette.

"Jam or butter?"

"Strawberry jam — please," she whispered.

Her fingers tapping at her lips nervously. Taimoor nodded, using the butter knife to spread it all over the warm bread. Forwarding a cup of tea, with a splash of milk and a spoonful of sugar.

Lilah bit into her toast, her face scrunched. The crust of the bread had an awful texture, especially now that it was a bit cold. She took a bite and then another, trying to gauge the flavour and make it seem normal. She washed it down with a gulp of tea. Twisting her body, and nuzzling it deeper into Taimoor's chest. Her nose inhaling his mild, musky scent. It clouded her senses in the good way.

"La mia bellezza everything alright?" He brushed his fingers through her hair.

"Toast isn't that good. Texture is a bit off," she hummed.

Her fingers scratching his brunette, scruffy beard.

"Want to have my cheese omelette?" He forwarded a fork full.

Lilah opened her mouth, wrapping it around the silverware. Sighing at the warm cheesy goodness melt inside her mouth. She moaned lightly as he fed her some more.

***
***

How did you find the excerpt?
Are you excited for Taimoor & Lilah?
Do you think their story will be full of love or trials?
Thoughts and comments

La mia bellezza = My beautiful in Italian