|01|

The soft pitter patter of rain against the window pane was the backdrop to Lyana's movements

The soft pitter patter of rain against the window pane was the backdrop to Lyana's movements. In silence, she worked with the large knitting needles, a soft pink yarn weaving into the shape of a tiny sweater. Lyana smiled down at the shape coming to life, a thick maroon blanket resting on her legs. The room was dimly lit and the curtains pulled to let in the sight of nature. Her heart lurching as the active child inside her womb once again kicked against her stomach. She smiled down at her bulging stomach, rubbing the back of her hand against the cotton material of her shirt.

"You love to annoy your mama don't you my butterfly?" She giggled to herself.

A soft kick in return, the perfect reply to her mother's question.

"It's okay mama's precious is allowed to disturb her whenever, wherever," Lyana cooed.

For a second, she imagined herself going crazy. That if anyone were to walk into the large nursery, set up for their baby, they would assume she had lost her marbles. Only she knew how much she cherished this time. Sitting on the dark green, velvet sofa and talking to her butterfly. Six years after the birth of Aliyaar and Arham - her two precious prince's, they were finally having a daughter.

"Lya your half an hour is up," a gruff voice broke her out of her reverie.

Looking up from her belly, Lyana smiled at the familiar figure. Alamgeer, doting father and loving husband. She had lucked out with him. He treated her like his treasure and despite being the minister of education of the country, he never missed out on milestones of her or her son's lives.

"But Alam I spent thirty minutes talking to Lilah and not knitting!" She pouted.

Lilah was the name they had come up with for their precious daughter. Even before her birth, the baby was loved immensely as a result the name had been picked in her second trimester and continued to grow on them each day.

"No. The doctor has advised bed rest. Now come on, or I'll carry you instead". He warned.

"I'm too heavy silly, you couldn't ever carry me," she clicked her tounge.

Narrowing his eyes, he walked over closer. Sinking to his knees infront of his wife. His knuckles caressing Lyana's softened cheeks. The rosy blush on them made her more endearing and Alamgeer wanted nothing more than to hide her. Leaning in he kissed the tip of her nose, slowly prying out the knitting materials from her hand and resting them on to the wooden coffee table.

"Now you aren't heavy at all. But I'm not risking your back pain worsening so we'll back to our room and I'm going to run you a warm bath. Okay?" He whispered.