~CHAPTER 22~

*•*•*•I've heard him talking to the spirits•*•*•*
——————————————————————————

Status: Not edited

"We're finally doing this." Max says and looks my way. We were finally going on our date. It has been two weeks since he asked me out and tonight is the night. I thought I'd be more exited but I don't know why this feels like a friends outing. Maybe it'll fell like more when we start going deeper into the night, let's hope. After my whole death week situation, I spent the rest of the week playing soccer with the guys –which had become a normal thing now-, and going to class. Now well I'm going on my date.

"Yeah we are." I smile at him and buckle my seatbelt. "So where are we going?"

"Sorry can't tell you." He says and starts to leave the school. I was getting ready in my dorm when he said that he'd pick me up at the dorm that I didn't need to walk to the parking lot and that was exactly what happened. He came to the dorm with roses in his hands, I put them on my desk, grabbed my stuff and said goodbye to chase.

"Oh please tell me, I hate surprises."

"You're going to like this one I promise."  I relax into my chair and let him take us wherever.

"Okay." Minutes later we are arriving at a restaurant it's not that fancy, thank fuck. The sign to the restaurant read 'Michaellos'. We enter the restaurant. The inside was homier than its outside, it still looked fancy but it felt more welcoming. And I see an old gentlemen with in an all-black suit come toward us.

"Good evening Mr. Godfrey. Your order will be here in about 20 minutes. If you don't mind waiting, please follow me to the sitting area, while your food is being prepared to perfection for you and the little miss." He says with a thick Italian accent dripping from his voice.

"Thank you Donatello." Max says and starts following Donatello. He holds his hand out to me and I link my arm with his.

"So how do you know him?" I ask him once we're seated.

"Donatello is Michaello's brother. Michaello is the owner and also my mother's childhood best friend." I look at him smiling and he continues. "They serve the best food here. I would honestly come her every day just for the cannolis." He laughs and I laugh too.

"Good to know. Maybe I'll start coming here more often I love food after all." He laughs and nods.

"For sure." He continues once he's sure I won't say anything. "So how are things going in the roommate from hell territory?"

"It's actually going really well, turns out he's not the roommate from hell, Derek from down the hall is. I've heard him talking to the spirits when I'm on my way to the bathroom." I chuckle and he does too. "No but really he's a good roommate so that's a plus."

"That's good, I'm happy." He says and smiles tucking a hair behind my ear. A blush runs across my face and I look away from embarrassment. I hear someone clear their throat. I look up and see Donatello. "Oh Donatello hey, how much is it?" Max says and starts taking out his wallet, but we hear a voice come from the kitchen.

"DON DON'T YOU DARE LET THE KID GIVE YOU MONEY!!" Screams who I assume is Michaello.

"I KNOW I WASN'T GOING TO LET HIM ANYWAYS!!" I laugh and Max shakes his head. Donatello hands Max a bag with food, and Max leans in grabbing the bag.