CHAPTER-4

Buaji - Waise hum chahte to nahi lekin humare hisaab se Shehnaaz ko ab hum yaha aur nahi rakh sakhte... Usko vidwa ashram bhej dena hi sabke liye sahi rahega..

Sunaina - yeh aap kya keh rahi hai? Nahi, hum apni beti ko kahi nahi bhejenge.

Buaji - Baat ko samjho Sunaina... Abhi tak Sukanya ki shaadi nahi hui hai or jab logo ko pata chalega insab k baare mei to kon apna beta dega uske liye... Samaaj mei naak cut jaayegi humari agar ghar ki baat baahar gayi to ... Islie Shehnaaz ko waha bhejna hi sahi rahega.... Hum sab ki bhalaai k baare mei hi soch k bol rahe hai.

________________________

Shehnaaz - Ma.. Ma plz na aisa mat kariye mere saath... Mujhe nahi jaana waha plz ma..

She begged her own mother who was packing her things to send her to ashram.

Ma - Baat samaj meri bacchi... Choti ki shaadi bhi baaki hai abhi. Teri behen ka to soch..

Shehnaaz moved 2 steps back screaming loudly -

Shehnaaz - Sabka mai sochu haa.. Mera kya? Mai kya karu Ma... Mere pati chale gaye mujhe chor k aur ab aap sab mujhe khud se durr kar rahe hai.... Mai hi kyu...

Sobbing she sat on the floor near her mother's feet.

Sana - Ma plz na mai kuch nahi karungi.
Is room k baahar bhi nahi jaaungi... Choti se bhi dur rahungi but plz ma mujhe yaha rahne dijiye....Mai nahi jana chahti ma..Mai ek kone mei padhi rahungi ma plz...

She begged holding her mothers feet with tears flowing profusely down her eyes but she didn't listened.

Sunaina - Sana aisa kuch mat bol jo mai nahi sun sakhti. Tere ko raasta kaanha ji dikhayenge......
She said keeping this on her hand -

After keeping the idol on her palm she took her out along with her luggage

____________________________

In Ashram-

Sana was sitting near a pillar beside an old women who is respected and called as maasi.

She was mourning over everything that happened in her life in past 2 days when two women came( who wearing white saree like her) and hold her hair in their hand.

Guruji - Ab jab tum is ashram mei rahogi to yaha k tor tareeke sab maanne parenge.. Ek vidwa aurat ko sajna sawarna, gehne pehenna ya phir lambe baal rakhna kadaapi sobha nahi deta.
Islie aaj tumhe apne baal tyaag dene honge.

Shocked will be an understatement for the state Shehnaaz was going through..
Being a Model , she always have been love with her long waist length hair.
She love them like her own baby and take care of them to maintain that.

Shehnaaz- Nahi... Nahi plz humare baal mat kaatiye.. Dur ..dur jayiye humse....Hum bheeg maangte hai plz hume aur pareshaan mat kijiye.

Before she could say another line, she saw one of them have already cut her hair till her neck from one side.

She kept sitting on the same position for hours and those cruel people went after cutting her hairs in boys cut pattern.

Maasi patted her head lightly before taking Sana with her to give her a shuddhikaran bath.

_________________________

Next day in the morning Sana was sitting beside Maasi when two food plates came in front of them.. Maasi kept both the plates and looked at Sana who was all lost in her thoughts.

Maasi - khalo beti... Yaha bahut wakt tak khana nahi milega.

Sana looked at the plate and by its look she knew that they will be Horribly tasteless.

Maasi - Yaha aisa hi khana milega.. Swaad bhi ek maaya hai or hum jaise vidwao ko har kism k maaya se dur rahna hota hai.

Her stomach scrunched hearing her words but nonetheless she ate that tasteless food in silence.

A girl who was being treated with everything in her life, got whatever she asked for is now not even allowed to have her own choice...

_________________________