(15) its cheesy

Toby emerges from the kitchen to find Ranboo half asleep at his desk, the left side of his face lazily resting in his palm.

It's nearly 3am and the both of them haven't felt their bodies touch their bed since yesterday morning.

The bed they share is patiently waiting, desperately calling for them to go to sleep. Ranboo slowly blinks at the screen he's facing, eyes drooping as he absentmindedly edits a video he's been working on for hours now.

Ranboo doesn't even know if the edits he's making are precise, but his mind and body are too tired to care. He just wants to finish it. He jolts awake when he feels a gentle hand placed on his shoulder. He whips his head around to see Toby standing over him with a soft smile spreading across his face.

"You're falling asleep at your desk, boo." Toby murmurs, his own eyes fluttering to resist sleep.

"Yeah, I've noticed." Ranboo mumbles, stifling a yawn.

Toby grips his shoulder slightly tighter, shaking him a little bit to snap him back to reality. The reality that he is with him. With Toby.

His Toby.

"I think we should go to bed, Ranboo." Toby suggests, which grants him a nod of approval from his boyfriend.

"Usually it's me trying to get you to go to bed." Ranboo jokes. Toby rolls his eyes and shakes his head playfully.

"How the turntables." Toby chortles, watching Ranboo laugh from his reference.

"The Office reference. Nice." Ranboo and Toby's eyes meet. They both notice how tired they both look.

Dark circles underneath each other's eyes, Toby's looking almost bruised. They're plastered on there for eternity, no matter if he slept for years. Ranboo finds them beautiful, knowing how much weight and dedication are carried in those eyebags. The all-nighters Toby would pull for him when they were overseas, whether it be to stay up and joke around, or to comfort Ranboo when he needed it most. Ranboo doesn't know where he would be without him and isn't sure if he'll ever be able to repay him.

Or if he even can repay him.

"C'mon now, let's go to bed." Toby suggests once more, lifting his hand from Ranboo's shoulder and placing his hand into his partner's. Ranboo slowly stands up from his chair, saving his video before turning off his PC with his free hand.

They shuffle to the mini ladder used to climb up to their bed.

Toby climbs up first, his bony hands clinging to the sides of the ladder. Ranboo follows suit and sees Toby already climbing into bed.

He has on dark blue shorts and one of Ranboo's old jazz band shirts, which looks more like a dress on Toby.

His hair is somehow already messy and wild as he dives under the sheets on the left side of the bed. Ranboo is in a pair of gray joggers and a white tshirt, wrinkled and tired over his frame.

He pulls himself under the covers and offers an open arm to Toby, who happily takes up on his offer.

Ranboo is lying on his right side and Toby on his left, with Toby's face buried in Ranboo's chest. He takes in the familiar scent of his boyfriend, who smells of cologne and sweat and home.

Toby wraps his arms around Ranboo and curls into his lover's tall frame.

Ranboo rubs Toby's back and they lay in silence for a moment, only listening to each other's breathing and the noise of the night outside.

Toby is the first to break the silence.

"Ranboo?" He whines.

"Yes dear?" Ranboo whispers back.