You're Pretty to Look At

Switching rings when coming and going from work became a favorite part of Maya's work routine. The feeling of the gold slipping back on her finger filled her with a feeling so warm and loved she almost didn't mind not having it with her at all times.

Even if Carina was still sleeping before Maya left for work, she would make sure to slip her wedding band on her wife's finger and hope she didn't wake Carina up. And if she came home late, she would do the opposite, gently tug the ring off and put it back upon her own hand.

It was a nice little sentiment, and it was reassuring there was always something to come home to. Getting reclaimed by her gorgeous wife.

On days Carina was at work when Maya was about to start or just getting off shift, Maya would bring her wife a snack or meal, depending on the time, in exchange for her ring back.

It was one of those days that Carina was at the hospital when Maya got off. Since fall had just started, and the weather was still nice enough, Maya decided to walk to Grey Sloan and enjoy the changing of the seasons. She stopped at a coffee stand on her way in and got Carina a cup, even though she probably wouldn't approve of its quality. Nevertheless, it was the thought that mattered.

"Hi, Bella," Maya called out the moment she laid eyes on her wife. She ran up to Carina and squeezed her tight, taking a deep breath and letting Carina's scent take over her body.

"Ciao! Oh, thank you very much." Carina smiled as she took the beverage from Maya and gave her a quick kiss. "Come sit in the cafeteria with me; I have some time right now."

Carina took Maya's hand in hers and pulled her through the halls until they were seated at a table.

"We haven't seen much of each other in a few days. I miss your face."

"I know. I hate when our schedules get like this." Maya pouted. "But tomorrow, we both have off. Oh, before we forget..." Her eyes darted down to Carina's hand that was still holding hers over the table.

"Si, give me your hand."

Even though Carina did it several times a week, Maya felt butterflies in her stomach when Carina put the ring back where it belonged. Every time felt the same as their wedding day, and it reminded her how much love she had for her wife, though she never forgot.

"Why do you always look at me like that when I give it back?"

"What do you mean?"

"Your eyes go all soft, and so does your smile. I can feel you watching me closely."

"I like watching you." Maya stared hopelessly at Carina. Her looks were enchanting, and knowing she got to have Carina all to herself gave Maya goosebumps.

"I know, but it feels different than when you normally do." Carina watched as Maya fell silent. "Oh, it's your I'm in love face."

"I am in love with you, yes. But that isn't anything new."

Maya reached over the table and took Carina's hand in hers. She wanted so much more physical contact, but since Carina was still technically working, rubbing her thumb along the back of each other's hands would have to do.

"You always get like this when you are in your gushy I love you mood."

"What?" Maya asked though she was only partially paying attention to what was being said. She was off in a different world, thinking about how beautiful and perfect her wife was.

"No straight answers. Lust in your eyes. You don't do much but watch me."

"As I said, I like watching you. You're pretty to look at."

Carina hummed as she tasted the coffee, not up to her standards at all but appreciated the thought. "Non bene." She said as she placed the paper cup on the table.

"No?" Maya asked before taking a sip herself. "Eh, I don't think it's that bad."

"I should really teach you how to make caffè the right way, then you can bring me coffee for real. These little stands could really use a lesson too."