Babe, Give Me My Ring

Both Maya and Carina had busy days; neither had time to visit the other at work or exchange rings before going out for drinks with the rest of the station.

Carina was pleased to be the first to arrive at Joe's Bar out of the group. There weren't many people, and she was able to secure a spot in the back of the bar with a table, specifically picking Maya's favorite, not quite next to the bathroom but still hidden off in the back.

She waited for Maya before ordering drinks, she always switched up her usual order, making it hard to predict what she would be in the mood for, and Carina knew Maya enjoyed ordering for both of them. It made Maya feel like she was in charge for the night even though they both knew Carina ran their relationship.

While waiting, Carina scrolled aimlessly through her phone. Hoping to at least see something from her wife saying she was close, but nothing. With no intention of responding to anything, Carina went through her emails when she felt a presence next to her. Half expecting Maya, she was shocked to look up to a short brunette looking down on her with flirty eyes.

"Hello," Carina said, looking around to see if anyone of her friends had shown up yet.

"What is a beautiful woman doing sitting here all alone with no drink?"

"Oh. I'm just waiting-"

"You looked like a red wine gal." Carina noticed the two drinks in the woman's hand as she sat down across the small table and pushed the glass of wine in front of her.

"I was actually saving that seat,"

"It's okay. I'll just keep you company until your date comes. Unless you decide you are having fun with me."

"You are very forward," Carina smiled, "I used to appreciate that, but I'm-"

Carina tried to hold up her ring, but before she got a chance to lift it from the table, the woman placed her hand on top of hers, running her fingers delicately over the back of Carina's hand. She jumped at the gesture, quickly pulled her hands away, and kept them firmly in her lap, safe away from the flirty stranger while silently praying her very jealous wife hadn't seen anything to get upset about before knowing the whole story.

"That accent, where are you from? Or I guess I should be asking your name first."

"Umm," Carina looked around again, hoping Maya could hurry up and save her, "I'm Doctor Carina Deluca-Bishop. I was born in Italy."

"Carina, that is a beautiful name."

"Thank you."

"My name is Tamera."

"Nice to meet you, Tamera, but I think my date is going to be here soon. So if you don't mind."

The bells on the bar door chimed; Carina's attention darted immediately in its direction, relieved to see her beautiful wife along with their friends.

Their eyes instantly caught each other, and Carina shot Maya a come save me looked when Maya noticed a random woman sitting with her wife.

Not hesitating a second, Maya walked straight up to Carina and wrapped her arm around her waist, trying to show ownership. Carina was so ecstatic to see her wife she almost forgot about Tamera sitting across from her when she leaned into Maya's embrace, taking in a deep breath of Maya with her head snuggled in just below her neck.

"Who is this?" Maya asked.

"I am Tamera, but we were in the middle of something if you don't mind."

"You were in the middle of something?" Maya's eyebrows nearly raised off her head as she posed the question. She glanced down at Carina then back up at Tamera. What kind of a name was that anyway? Maya thought to herself.

"Yeah, we were."

Feeling her skin starting to get hot with envy, with no warning, Maya pulled Carina in for a passion-fueled kiss, full of jealousy and heat, earning her a small moan from Carina. The two only pulled away when the need for air became an issue.

"You think I'm scared of a little kiss."

"Fucking hell, what is wrong with you? Babe, give me my ring."

"Ring?" Tamera's eyes looked down at both Carina and Maya's hands.

"Yes, ring," Maya said with a smirk as she threw off her black silicone ring. She had to bite her lip while making intense eye contact with Tamera to hide her growing smile as Carina slipped the gold band on her hand, "because this goddess is all mine and my fucking wife, so you can leave our table now."

Tamera rolled her eyes as she got up from her chair, "You married people are fucking weird," she said as she took both drinks off the table before walking away.

"Okay, that was really hot," Carina said, pulling Maya in close to her.

"I thought you don't like it when I get all jealous and protective of you." Maya felt her cheeks burn more than they already were. The jealousy was just replaced with embarrassment. Maya always got extra territorial when she got jealous, it wasn't something that she was proud of, but she couldn't help it most of the time.

"When it's our friends! You don't need to be jealous of people who we see every day, but please save me from strangers who can't take a hint."

"The ring thing really works to scare them away, huh?" Maya smiled down at the gold on her left hand. "Oh, can you help me find the other one? I'm going to need it for work tomorrow." She pulled back from Carina and dropped to the ground, trying to find the tiny black object on the dimly lit floor.

"Why did you have to throw it?"

"I was making a grand gesture. It added to the drama."