Just Shut Up and Kiss Me

The moment Maya walked in the door, Carina ran to her side and peppered her face with kisses before pulling her into a tight embrace. "How was your last day?"

"Good, a break will be nice, but I honestly can't wait to get back."

"Yes, but the break is for this little bambini," Carina said as she placed her hands on Maya's stomach. "I can't believe you were still going to work so late in your pregnancy." She bent down to talk directly to their child. "Your mommy is so stubborn sometimes, isn't she? Not even you pushing on her bladder and giving her heartburn could keep her away from her job."

"I've mostly just been doing paperwork." Maya helplessly reached down to pull off her sneakers, but it was a lost cause. Carina quickly knelt down and put Maya's shoes to the side. "I haven't even sat in a truck since this little one popped up."

"Still," Carina said, standing up as she slid Maya's ring off her own hand and went to place it back on her wife's. But it stopped at the knuckle. "Oh, no. Amore, your hand is too swollen."

Maya's eyes widened as she took the ring, trying it for herself, and it was too tight of a fit. She put in a little more force but still nothing. It shouldn't have been a surprise. Maya's hands and feet had been swelling up more in the last few weeks, but they always managed to get the ring on.

"No," Maya whined, "it was the last day switching it. Why couldn't it get stuck tomorrow? It's hard enough going twelve hours without it, now..." Maya's lips trembled as she was unable to finish her sentence.

"Shh, it's okay." Carina placed a delicate kiss to Maya's cheek as she caressed her face, gently rubbing her thumb along the side of her ear. "Maybe in the morning, it will work."

The next morning it still didn't fit, and the day after that. With Maya's hormones all out of sorts, she broke out in tears with each failure, and of course, Carina was there to console her every time. Telling her not wearing their rings didn't change how much love they had, and seeing how much it meant to Maya actually made her love her more.

"I got you something on my way home today!" Carina said as she made her way inside, throwing her shoes to the door. "I think you are really going to like it."

She reached into her jacket and pulled out a small box. Inside was a beautiful gold chain. She unclasped the necklace and looped Maya's ring into it. Then made her way over to Maya lying on the couch with a pillow shoved behind her back for support. "Lift up your hair." Maya did as she was told while Carina fastened the necklace.

Maya's eyes lit up as she fiddled with the gold ring, rubbing the rounded edge the same way she would when it was around her finger. "Thank you, babe, it is perfect." Tears filled her eyes as she looked up at her wife. "It is so fucking perfect. Come here," She said as she pulled Carina down for a passionate kiss.

At first, Carina settled for awkwardly leaning over the back of the sofa but eventually let herself fall over the back and next to Maya.

"Wait-" Maya said as she grabbed Carina's hand and placed it on her stomach. "The baby is really active right now."

At first, it was hard for Carina to feel the movement with Maya laughing, but the baby kicked right into her palm when she stopped. Even though she had felt it hundreds of times, the feeling never got old, and her heart melted every time.

Maya had made sure to let Carina in on every little feeling and detail of the pregnancy. Their original plan was for Carina to be the one to get pregnant, but later figured out she couldn't carry. It was hard at first, but with Maya making sure she felt as included as much as possible, she didn't feel like she was missing anything.

Since Carina felt like Maya was doing a lot for them to have a family, putting her body through all the changes that came with growing a human inside of you, she made sure to be extra attentive. Assisting Maya in anything she needed or wanted before it even popped into her own head.

"They really like you; I mean, obviously, you're their mama..." Maya's eyes sparkled as she looked deep into Carina's. "They always get excited for you. Like the baby knows when you are around and starts kicking a whole bunch. They've been a lot more active lately in general, but with you especially."

"I can't believe we are going to be moms so soon."

The thought made Maya tear up again, instantly she reached up to the ring dangling from her neck. She put it on the tip of her index finger and ran her thumb along with the cool metal, letting it ground her.

"You are going to be such an amazing mom."

"Stop, you are going to make me cry." Maya looked up at the ceiling, trying to use gravity to keep waterworks at bay.

"No, it's good! I can already see how protecting and caring you are to our baby, and it isn't even out in the world yet. You know I always find you so ridiculously hot, but seeing you talking all soft to the baby, telling them about your day or what you're doing, it's such a turn-on."

"Really?" Her eyes widened.

"Oh my god, yes! And seeing part of me growing inside of you, our love quite literally is growing in you, and you are doing such an amazing job of nurturing it already. It's so hot."

"Wow, and here I thought I was the one who was supposed to be all hormonal and horny."

"I didn't say I was honry; I said you just turn me on."

"Is that not the same thing?"

"Oh, just shut up and kiss me."