𝖝𝖑𝖎𝖎𝖎. 𝗹𝗶𝗲 𝗹𝗶𝗲 𝗹𝗶𝗲

✩┊# 𝗜𝗟𝗟𝗜𝗖𝗜𝗧 𝗔𝗙𝗙𝗔𝗜𝗥𝗦 ༻¨*

CHAPTER FORTY-THREE❝ 𝙡𝙞𝙚 𝙡𝙞𝙚 𝙡𝙞𝙚 ❞

CHAPTER FORTY-THREE
❝ 𝙡𝙞𝙚 𝙡𝙞𝙚 𝙡𝙞𝙚 ❞

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

IVY FIDDLED WITH THE TOP button of Robert's shirt. It was a linen button down, short sleeves in the shade ivory that complimented her outfit. She was dressed in a cami dress with a lovely abstract rose print. Rob himself couldn't keep his eyes off the Lake Como fitted bodice cut at her chest. They had planned it so Ember had the same style of dress but had an abstract sage print. They were outside the venue. The event was at the University Club, located in Irvine. It was a beautiful location. The day happened to be quite gorgeous.

Ivy had been there earlier to set up last minute things with her parents but left to pick up Rob. He said it might be suspicious but she insisted.

"Breathe, would you?" He placed his hands on her shoulder to steady her. "I got my invite didn't I? I charmed myself into that one, I can charm my way through this event as well."

"You're right. It's no big deal. Just a friend meeting my family."

He nodded with a grin, "Just a friend meeting your family."

The inside was nicely decorated but the real view was the landscape in the back. It was decked out in glorious decor that matched the theme of which Lina had selected for her daughter and, soon to be, son-in-law's party. Rob placed his hand on the small of her back as he guided her through the long hallway, to the backyard.

Song lit up when he saw the pair. Ivy's father was a man of very few words. He had his fair share of sassy remarks, but they were nothing compared to the bubbly persona his wife radiated. Speaking of his wife, she was yards away, talking to some guests.

"Mama is angry with how long you took." He gently smiled and placed a kiss on the woman's flushed cheek. He turned to Rob and extended his hand, "Song Myung. Nice to meet you."

Rob returned the shake, "For me as well. Thank you for inviting me, it was really kind of you."

"Oh that was all Lina, my wife. Oh! You should meet her." He turned and called out his wife's name, several times before he got her attention.

"That isn't necessary, dad." Ivy gritted her teeth and groaned as her mother strided over.

Ivy had always been amazed at her mother's confidence. She had grown up in Germany, always knowing both English and German due to her father (Ivy's grandfather) originally being from Boston. Lina was never cocky or arrogant but sure of herself. And Ivy would forever be envious of that.