Favorites

*Iris P.O.V*

I turned, glaring at the person who dared to enter my room. I pouted at Ember and pulled my sloth closer to me. "Go away Ember, I am sleepy," I said as she sat on the edge of my bed.

"You can not sleep all day angel," she cooed as she pulled my blanket off. I sat up, looking her in the eyes with a frown. I reached and grabbed my blanket, jerking it out of her hold.

"Go away old lady," I said as I wrapped my blanket tightly around me. It was like a little cocoon. "I sleep all day and you go be busy all day," I said as I hugged my sloth tightly to my chest. I still needed to name my sloth now that I thought about it. I wonder what would make a good sloth name. Maybe Mr. Slothy? Yes, that seemed to fit him.

"Selene wants to play with you, she even has movies ready for you to watch," Ember said, trying to trick me into leaving my blanky and Mr. Slothy behind. She probably wanted to steal them from me, the mean old lady that she was.

"No," I said as I scooted away from her. I did not get very far because my blanky was wrapped so tightly. "I want Adira," I stated as I started to loosen the blanket just slightly. I loved my blanky but it got hot very quickly, I needed a very thin blanky.

"She is in Court right now angel," Ember said as she pulled me over to her gently. "Are you sure there is nothing else you want?" she cooed.

"I want Adira," I repeated with a frown on my lips. Adira was safe, that's all I know and I wanted to be safe right now. I didn't like feeling so tiny without her around.

"We can only see her for a little bit, she is busy," Ember said after a moment. She stood up, holding her hands out to me. I kicked my blanky off, keeping my sloth held tightly to me. I took one of her hands, letting her know that I was too big to be carried.

"Is Nova and Opal in Court too?" I questioned quietly as I followed behind Ember. "Who is with Selene, is she lonely?" I asked. I liked Selene, she just had a lot of energy. That didn't mean I wanted her to be lonely though. She was still my friend and was the nicest of everyone here.

"Opal is with Selene and Nova is in Court. We only need three members to have majority rule and since we usually agree on things then we only have three Court members working most times," Ember informed me.

"And what happens if one of you disagrees?" I questioned curiously. There was no way they agreed all the time, that was impossible.

"Then we pull whoever is not in there into the discussion. That way we end up getting what everyone thinks and can have a discussion to see how we can better resolve the problem," Ember explained. I nodded in understanding as I cuddled with Mr. Slothy slightly. I was brought out of my musing when we approached a big door.

"Why do you have such a big door?" I questioned curiously while tilting my head. The door was really big, it was like the size of 14 really big teddy bears stacked on top of each other.

"I suppose because it looks impressive," Ember said with a small smile on her lips. I shrugged as I held Mr. Slothy close. I did not think that their big door was impressive, it just made me feel small compared to it. They should make it smaller just for me.

I bounced on the tips of my toes when the door opened and smiled when I saw Adira. She looked bored right now, now she could be happy that I was here. Nova looked bored but to be honest, I didn't care about how she felt right now. I only cared about Adira and how much I had missed her.

"Hi," I said as I hurried over to Adira. A small smile appeared on her face as she saw me. I scrambled over to her, climbing onto her lap.

"Well hello to you too," she laughed as she wrapped her arms around me. I rested my head on her shoulder, inhaling the scent of her perfume.

"You smell good," I muttered as I cuddled into her. "I brought my sloth too," I said as I held up Mr. Slothy to show her.

"So I see," she said with a smile. "Have you named your sloth yet?" she questioned while rubbing my back gently.

"I am glad someone has asked," I said as I gave Ember a dirty look. She had not once asked about my poor sloth. "His name is Mr. Slothy," I informed her while smiling happily.

"Mr. Slothy is a wonderful name," Adira said as I climbed onto the arm of her chair. I rested my head on her shoulder as she patted my leg, letting me get settled.

"I missed you," I said as I grabbed her hand, interlacing our fingers together with a small smile. "You are my friend," I informed her as I looked at her with a grin.

"What am I then?" Ember asked, sounding exasperated with me.

"A boring old lady," I said with a mischievous grin. Ember gave me a fake hurt look and sat down in the chair next to Adira's.

"You know I am older than Ember right?" Adira questioned as she raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah but you are not boring like Ember is," I informed her, hearing a snicker escape Nova. "You are boring to so hush your mouth," I told Nova as I stuck my tongue out with a huff escaping me.

"Don't go choosing favorites just yet," Nova said with a frown as she pouted at me. "That is not fair, Adira is the one who has got to spend the most time with you, this is cheating," she whined.