Magic

*Iris P.O.V*

Selene forced me to take a piece of candy every couple of minutes when she noticed that I was starting to drift off. She was clearly happy that I was willing to listen to her ramble about the movie but kept getting told to quiet down by Opal and Nova when she got too loud. You could tell that it annoyed her but she did not say anything about it.

I also got told to quiet down a few times, mainly by Adira and a few times by Ember. I regretted not sleeping the night before since I was exhausted which only proceeded to sour my mood. I tried to block them out but eventually Selene got up and left me at the end of the first movie.

Selene came back after a little bit and sat down on Nova's lap, playing with her hair as she sat there. She had changed out of her nightgown into a green blouse that went all the way to her mid thighs. She was wearing something underneath it, it looked like cut off trousers that she had cinched around the waist. I only said that because the legs of the pants looked two sizes too big.

"What?" Selene asked when she saw me looking at her. She raised an eyebrow and which caused me to look away quickly. "Seriously why were you staring at me?" she asked, her tone sounding confused. I could tell she wasn't in the littlespace thing she had talked about. I wondered how that worked but didn't want to ask too many questions since there was a movie going on currently.

"Darling, she was most likely curious as to why you went and changed. She does not know you like the rest of us do," Opal said as she frowned. "Maybe you should not have taken that nap earlier, you are just being cranky," she stated, making Selene huff as she crossed her arms.

"Whatever. I was just asking her a question," Selene said as she rolled her eyes. "I was just asking a question and you assumed that I was being mean," she stated as she rested her head on Nova's shoulder, half of her body resting on her lap.

"Both of you knock it off. If I have to deal with the childish bickering both of you will be sleeping on the couch," Nova said. "Selene you could have asked much nicer and Opal you know she did not mean to come off as mean," she stated.

"Sorry," Selene murmured as she rested her hand on Nova's chest with a small frown. "Apology kiss?" she asked as she kissed Nova's cheek.

"Apology accepted," Nova said as she looked at Opal who crossed her arms over her chest.

"I am sorry dear," Opal said as she kissed the top of Selene's head. "I apologize for being childish," she stated after a moment.

"Good," Nova said as she lightly patted Opal on the head. "I suppose the two of you will be allowed to sleep in the bed tonight as long as there is no more arguing," she stated. I felt a hand on the small of my back, making me turn my head to look up at the person. I smiled when I saw that it was Ember.

"You should watch the movie darling," she cooed as she gently pulled me up into a sitting position before lifting me up. I squeaked as she pulled me back to her seat and sat down with me next to her. I leaned against her as she wrapped her arm around me to keep me close.

I had always wondered how the movies worked here and after doing a little digging I found out they had these projector things. Instead of films though they had little enchanted crystals that would hold films inside them until activated by projectors or magic. I had heard rumors that the Elders had magic but I wasn't sure. I looked over at Adira and tapped her shoulder.

"Can I help you dear?" she asked as she turned her head and smile when she saw me looking at her. I felt myself start to chicken out but I took a deep breath.

"Some people say that you have magic. Do you really?" I asked before looking away quickly, feeling a nervous fluttering in my stomach. I felt Ember tense up as soon as I asked the question and immediately regretted asking it. I looked at my lap as I picked at my nails with a frown.

"What people do you speak of?" I heard Adira ask. Her voice sounded strange and I felt the regret start to blossom through me.

"I should not have said anything, I am sorry," I said as I got up to go sit back on the floor. Adira grabbed my hand and pulled me back to her. I looked her in the eyes out of shock, noticing that she had a small smile on her lips.

"I am not angry with you for asking my dear, I am just so curious as to who would speak about us," Adira said as she had me sit down next to her. "So please tell me so that I may be informed," she stated.

"I feel like you are going to be angry, you sound like you will be angry if I tell you," I said as I fiddled with my fingers while staring at my lap.

"I will not be angry if you tell me," Adira said as she gently grabbed my hand and squeezed it gently.

"It was a woman I worked with. She was called different names by everybody so I do not know what her real name is," I answered honestly.

"See was that so hard?" Adira asked with a small smile. "Simple and easy and no one got upset," she said as she turned her attention back to the movie, a small glint in her eyes.

"Yeah, no one got upset," I said as I nodded my head, crawling over her lap to lean against Ember who wrapped her arms around my waist and held me close.