Pigtails

*Iris's P.O.V*

I hadn't really gotten a chance to explain myself to any of the Elders having been sent immediately to my room. Esme had been told to stand outside my door and not let me leave but she would probably let me leave if I asked enough times. I don't understand why the Elders were so mean, I just wanted to find a way to escape without actually escaping. I was simply planning an escape, not committing to escaping.

I looked up when there was a knock on my door and straightened up, my hands clasped together as I sat still. I relaxed slightly when I saw that it was Maria but looked away when I saw her staring at me. "Madame wants for you to change into this," she said as she walked over and laid a bundled up dress looking thing down by me.

"Why should I change into that? I've already been banished to my room for probably the rest of my life," I said, making Maria roll her eyes.

"Madame wants you to change into the outfit she provided and then you will be moved to a more secure room since you can not be trusted to not escape," Maria said, making me huff softly. "Just change," she said through gritted teeth.

"Fine," I sighed as I got up and grabbed the dress. I walked over to the changing door and ducked behind it, pulling my dress off. I lazily threw it to the side, pulling the other dress on with a sigh. I frowned when I realized that the dress had buttons running down the back but the buttons were all unbuttoned. The dress also seemed to be made of some jean like material but that wasn't really common nowadays especially when it came to dresses. It was also strange since it had sown in shorts which wasn't heard of often in this time.

"Hurry up," Maria said, making me frown. I reached back and tried to button my dress up, giving up after only getting two done. My arms hurt as well which was also a reason that I was giving up after only trying for a few minutes.

"Done," I said as I walked out from behind the changing door. "So now what? Do I go to my new room?" I asked with a sigh escaping me.

"Madame wanted your hair to be done in pigtails, I believe that's what she called them anyways," she said, making me groan as I plopped down into the chair in front of the vanity. Maria got to work brushing my hair and after a moment I just got up and moved away from her, tears in my eyes.

"No more," I said as I glared at her. "You're too rough and I'm tender headed," I stated with a huff escaping my lips. "Just take me to my new room," I said.

"Why isn't your dress buttoned all the way?" Maria asked as she raised an eyebrow. "And I have to do your hair, Madame said so," she stated.

"Madame can shove it up her-" I cut myself off as I took a deep breath and shook my head. "I don't want you doing my hair and I can't reach so my dress is still unbuttoned," I stated making Maria raise an eyebrow. "Just take me to my new room," I sighed as I rolled my eyes.

"Madame wants to speak to you first," Esme said as she poked her head into the room, her eyes landing on me. "Do you need my help?" she questioned.

"No, I don't need anybody's help," I said, making Esme roll her eyes. I frowned when Maria grabbed my arm and looked back at her.

"I'll take her to the Elders just so we don't have to worry about her running off again. Also I would love for some assistance with getting her dress buttoned up or her hair put into pigtails," Maria sighed as she shook her head. "However I don't feel like dealing with her bad attitude and her fighting both of us doesn't sound good to me," she said as she walked to the door, me trailing behind her.

"I'll follow behind you just so we can keep an eye on her," Esme said with a small frown on her lips as I glared at her. "You ran off when Madame told you to stay put, don't get mad that we don't trust you," she stated. I sulked as I walked behind Maria, scuffing my shoes on the floor as I walked.

"Stop doing that," Maria said, making me stick my tongue out as I crossed my arms over my chest. "You're so lucky that the Elders said that I'm not allowed to punish you," she muttered as she started walking faster. I followed after her while sulking, looking up when she knocked on the door to a room before opening it. I hesitantly walked in behind her, looking around.

The room was a well decorated lounge area, the room sadly being cream colored with boring colored decoration. I noticed that the Elders were sort of sitting in groups. Adira and Ember were sitting together, Ember's head resting on Adira's shoulder. Opal was talking quietly to Selene who looked upset and had her head bowed down. Nova was sitting on the arm of a chair, reading a book.

"Madame," Esme said from behind me, making me jump. All of the Elders looked up at the same time but Adira was the only one who got up.

"You may both leave," Adira said, making Maria and Esme leave quickly without another word. Adira approached me, her eyes scanning over me before she shut the door. She looked at me from behind and tsked softly. "Your hair is not done like I asked and your dress is unbuttoned for the most part," she said.

"I have a tender head and I did not want anyone touching my hair," I said simply making Selene look up.

"And how does your unbuttoned dress correlate to all that?" Adira said as her hand rested on my lower back, making me shiver at how cold her hand was.

"I couldn't button it up myself and I didn't want either of them to button it up either," I said, earning a sigh from her as she started to button my dress up, making me realize that I would essentially have to ask for help to get it off.

"Madame if I may speak freely?" Selene said softly and I could feel Adira's gaze boring into my head.

"You may speak freely Selene," Adira said after a moment as she finished buttoning up my dress.

"I could do Iris's hair, she seemed to like when I did it the other day," Selene offered as she stood up after a moment, a smile on her lips.

"You may do her hair if she agrees to it," Adira said as she fiddled with the collar of my dress before fixing it into place. I could feel everyone staring at me as I looked down at the floor, finding it interesting to look at all of the sudden.

"Selene can do my hair," I agreed, making Selene squeal as she walked past me and Adira, the door opening and shutting behind us quickly.

"You have just made Selene's day," Adira said as she walked past me. "Come," she said as she ran her hand down my arm and lightly grabbed my hand pulling me with her before sitting back down next to Ember. "You may sit on the floor in front of where Selene was previously sitting," she stated, making me pout but reluctantly walk over and sit down on the floor, sitting criss cross.

"Lucky that we had shorts sewn into your dress," Ember murmured as Adira played with her hair. "Don't you agree Madame?" she asked.

"Yes, I do agree," Adira stated as she continued to play with Ember's hair, raising an eyebrow when the door was slammed open. "Selene, you will not slam doors here or anywhere else," she stated firmly. "Close the door behind you gently," she added.

"Yes Madame, I am sorry. I was just excited," Selene said as I heard the door close lightly. "I was wondering if I could possibly do your hair one day Madame," she said, making Adira chuckle softly.

"One day you can do my hair, I promise sweetheart," Adira stated, making Selene smile as she walked over and sat behind me. She misted my hair with something before starting to gently brush through the knots. Selene was gentle the entire time she did it, stopping once she got through every knot and my hair was silky smooth. She sectioned my hair down the middle before pulling it up into two pigtails, wrapping something around them to keep them in place.

"You look so cute," Selene said as she put whatever she used to do my hair off to the side of the couch. "Thank you for letting me do your hair," she stated.

"Come here Iris," Adira said, making me reluctantly get up and walked over to her. She smiled softly as she looked down at the floor in front of her. "Sit down," she said, making me groan as I sat down, noticing that Ember was gone now.