story of myself

As the King of the Castle, Nightmare needs comfort too sometimes UwU.

Errormare oneshot :3
Soon a christmas oneshot comes.

It was a cold and rainy day at the castle of Nightmare and his crew. The goopy skeleton was sitting at his office desk and tried to do his paper work as usual. Sadly today he seemed to have struggles with being concentrated on his work. Nightmare found himself being distracted by looking at an old photo on his desk, which was one of his brother Dream and himself before he ate the black apple. He didn't know what to feel about that photo, there was a small hint of sadness behind his mask but a lot more anger and disappointment in his brother. Night sighed and looked over to the door when he heard a knock. "Come in!". He ordered softly and waited for the one to come in, who had knocked on the door. Error came in with a cup of hot tea and a small plate with cookies. "Here, i have something to snack for you! ...Love? Are you okay?". Error looked worried at his husband and placed the tray with the tea and the plate of cookies on the desk, before coming around the desk and sitting on his husbands lap, cupping Nights cheek gently. "I- I just was distracted Dear. It's nothing important." The glitchy skeleton glared at his Partner and pinched Nights cheek. "Stop lying, i can see that you are clearly troubled by something! So you better talk to me!". Error was worried and wanted to help Night as much as he could. Nightmare sighed again and looked at the photo again, Error soon following his husbands gaze. ".... Dream?". The answer to this question was a silent nod. "I was....i was just thinking about the past again. I don't even know why I still have that picture of us together. After all that happend I really hate Dream, he betrayed me and the stupid villagers did as well. I should be throwing away the picture or let Horror eat it. But for some reason I can't do so." Error listened to his husbands words, stroking his arms gently, to comfort him. "Maybe deep down i feel a slight glimpse of brotherly love still. Or regret? No it's not regret. It's maybe more like missing that time when i mattered". Nightmare said as his eye teared up. Error pulled his beloved into his embrace and started to rub his back in a soft and gentle way. "You know it's okay to feel this way Love. Emotions are tricky and you can't control them the way you want to. It's frusterating for so many others as well. You didn't deserve all the hate and violence of the villagers at all." "I just wish i could forget the memories, but Error it is part of the story of myself, i can't ignore it" Error cupped Nights cheeks and made him look at him. "I know, Honey, but look, you matter and you deserve all the love and appreciation and you know what ? Yes this is a part of yourself, Nighty. But there is still much more to you and to come in life. We both don't know what, but why don't we find out together?". Nightmares eyesockets slowly teared up, as he listened to his husbands soothing voice and he laid his head on the glitchy skeletons shoulder. "...... Thank you Ruru!" Error nodded and started to rub his Love's skull and kissed Nights it softly. "It's gonna be okay!", Error whispered softly and hugged Nightmare close, keeping him safe like his husband always did with him whenever he was needing the comfort.