03

Kai wouldn't shut up.

Jenny was sure that Damon was going to murder him if he continued while she sat there patiently watching the whole thing. But the vampire had to show restraint or else they wouldn't be going home.

"Oh my god, just answer the damn question. How are we going to get out of this Twilight Zone?" Damon interrupted the long rambling.

"I got a question for you, first. Why do you think we're stuck on a repeating loop of May 10, 1994?" Kai asked. "Doomed to relive a solar eclipse forever and ever, and ever."

"How the hell should I know?" Damon sipped his bourbon.

"Well, I heard you tell Bonnie this place was your own personal hell. I'm kinda curious why," Kai said. "I mean, I know Jenny knows because she's like the yin to your yang and you might be in love with her..."

Her eyes widened in surprise because she was under the impression that Damon was over her. If anything, she thought Damon felt something for Bonnie with the way they argued. She looked over at Damon but he avoided her gaze.

"Oooh, sore subject," Kai smirked. "Sorry."

Bonnie finally walked into the tension-filled room, "I found everything you asked for: can-opener, shower drain, grinding wheel, jam, pocket knife, volume 'O' of the encyclopedia, a nail and a black marker."

Bonnie walked over to the table in front of where she and Damon sat and dumped out the bag full of items.

"Now what?" Bonnie asked.

"Yeah. How is this pile of crap going to get us out of here?" Damon added on.

"I'll explain... as soon as you tell me what you did on May 10, 1994," Kai said before his eyes widened. "Oh, and I want a hug from Jenny."

"What? No," Damon shook his head. "Not happening."

"Why do you want a hug?" Jenny asked, confused.

"I imagine your hugs make people feel all warm and fuzzy inside," Kai explained. "I've never felt that before. So I'm curious."

Jenny rolled her eyes but stood up from the couch, "Fine."

"Jen, what are you doing? No," Damon said.

"It's a hug, Damon. Relax," Jenny advised. "I can't be the reason you don't make it home."

Damon furrowed his eyebrows. She spoke as if she didn't expect to make it home. Bonnie thought it was curious as well.

Kai had stood up and had a wide smile on his face as she approached him before she wrapped her arms around him, hugging him.
Her hold was soft and gentle, an embrace he could melt into as he rested his chin on her shoulder. Damon was glaring the whole time and Kai winked just to frustrate him further.

Jenny let him go and stepped away while Kai marveled, "Wow. That really does work."

"I feel all warm inside," Kai rubbed his chest. "It's weird."

Damon rolled his eyes, "So are you going to tell us how to get out of here?"

"Hell story first," Kai responded.

Damon groaned while Bonnie spoke, "Just tell him your story."

"Whose side are you on?" Damon questioned.