02

The barbecue was going well. Her nerves hadn't eaten her alive yet. She greeted Mason with a smile like she greeted everyone else and she might have drank one too many shots of alcohol, but she couldn't help it. It was like she was back in high school, having people encourage her to drink and have fun.

   But she had a low tolerance for alcohol which was not good. They were playing Pictionary and she was curled up on the couch next to Jenna with her knees pressed to her chest while Damon was drawing what looked like some form of a dog with a tutu on it. Maybe.

    Laughs bubbled out from within her at Damon's horrible drawing, but also at the guesses Jenna and Caroline were calling out for what he drew; she also laughed just to laugh. She was having fun and it also made her happy that other people were happy.

    Damon fixed his stare on her and she felt like the room became a thousand times hotter. Her eyes widened as he smirked, "Jen, since you know me so well, why don't you tell everyone the correct answer?"

    She was flustered, probably having a blush on her cheeks, and before she had a chance to answer, Mason, who looked angry, answered from the other couch the correct answer, "Dances with Wolves."

     "Mason wins...again," Damon turned, looking at Mason and at the clear anger on his face. Damon smirked, loving this game; he got to flirt with Jen, make a werewolf angry because of it, and make innuendos of said werewolf's hidden self that only came out on a full moon. He felt like he was living up to his best self.

     "How is that a wolf?" Jenna questioned.

      _______________

   The game of Pictionary was over and Damon brought Jenny to the dining table just outside of the kitchen, helping her sit down. She didn't need any more alcohol or he was sure she would pass out. He took the glass of alcohol she had in her hand and replaced it with a glass of water; she didn't even notice.

     She took a sip of the water as she looked up at him, "I'm a sucker for blue eyes, you know."

     "Really?" he smirked, and leaned down whispering something in her ear that made her blush more than she ever had in her whole life.

   Elena was in the kitchen, taking out the pie that was for dessert, so she had a complete view of Damon and Jenny and their flirting. She smiled slightly and rolled her eyes, knowing this was the typical behavior Damon had when he was around Jenny.

    Damon came into the kitchen with a proud smile on his face, "I think Jen likes me a little too much."

    "She doesn't need to get attached to you, Damon. She shouldn't deal with the drama we have to deal with," Elena explained, giving him a pointed look.

     "Relax, she'll never know about the 'creatures of the night'," Damon reassured. "I'm flirting with her. Not dating her."

     "But you want to?" she questioned.

    Damon gave her a look like she was an idiot, "I'd be stupid if I didn't."

    Before Elena could respond, Jenna arrived in the kitchen, looking at Elena, smiling and feeling a little tipsy, "There you are. Isn't this fun?"

    But Damon answered the question like she had asked him, "Yes, thank you so much for inviting me."

     "Did I have a choice?"

    "I know what you must think about me," Damon started to say, but Jenna interrupted.

    "No, you don't. You've never dated you; I have dated many you's. And Jenny certainly doesn't need to be dating any you's," Jenna glared at him.