04

It was morning and they were strolling through the woods to the place where the light of the eclipse would shine. Damon is in a great mood as he whistles while playing with a stick he's holding.

"You're in a good mood for the first time this decade," Bonnie teased which made Damon poke her with the stick. "Stop that."

"Because I'm gonna see my brother. Because I'm going home."

"Yeah, assuming Kai's telling the truth. And assuming I can do the spell, which I won't know...until I see it."

"You know, from what Damon has told me, you're an extremely powerful witch," Jenny said. "I'm pretty sure there's no spell you can't do."

"Thanks," Bonnie smiled before she looked at Damon. "You talk about me?"

Damon shook his head with a little smirk, "In your dreams."

Bonnie rolled her eyes before she got back to the subject at hand, "Look, I want to go home more than anything but Kai's a sociopath, who's to say he won't screw us over?"

"He won't," Jenny stated.

"How do you know?"

"Because I'm pretty sure Damon will just kill him," Jenny said.

Bonnie looked at Damon and he nodded, "What she said."

Kai appeared out of nowhere carrying an ax, "I heard my name. All good I hope."

He also had the Ascendant in his hand and he used it as he looked up and blocked the sun from his face with it. "The eclipse will happen directly overhead," Kai looked at Damon and Bonnie who are shooting him glares. "In perfect alignment with the Gemini constellation."

Kai looked toward Damon, "You need to dig into the tunnels below us."

"Why?" Bonnie asked.

Kai paused for a second and spoke to her slowly as if she were a young child, "Have you never portal-jumped through an eclipse before?"

"Come on, Kai, why?" Jenny said, crossing her arms. Kai looked at her and caved.

"Okay look, the light of the eclipse will shine down and activate the Ascendant, you spout a little witchy woo and then poof!" He gestured an explosion with his hands and Bonnie raised her eyebrows. "Anyone standing in the circle of light holding the Ascendant goes home."

"By 'witchy woo', I assume you mean the spell?" Bonnie said and Kai nodded. "Let me see it."

"When the time comes," Kai stepped forward and pushed past them.

"Where are you going?" Damon asked.

"Into town, I need to... gather some important supplies," Kai said before looking at Jenny. "You want to come with me?"

"I'll stay," Jenny answered which made Kai pout like a child before stalking off.

Damon grabbed the ax before attacking the ground with it, "What is up with every psycho having a thing for you?"

______

Damon had dug up the ground, and he's standing in the place he'd dug up. Damon continues attacking the inside of the hole with the ax while Bonnie sits on the ground away from the hole. Jenny was just kind of hovering nearby.