Chapter 26

Vicky, Bharath, Nil, Simmi jogged to the last long seat where Amar, Rinni and Neha were sitting already. All of them missed each other but none were ready to speak to each other. When Neha, Amar and Rinni glared them, other four turned to leave.

"Rinni... log yaha bait sakte hai.. hum kisiko mana karenge nahi" Neha taunted staring at Vicky's back. Vicky and Nil looked at each other. Simmi looked at the girl gang. She was all alone with these three. And she really wanted to get back to them.

"Guys... Hum yahi baitenge..." simmi pleaded.

"Hum kisike bolne pe nahi bait rahe hai... Nil..." Vicky increased his voice so that he was audible to others. "Simmi chahti hai hum yahi baite... isiliye hum yahi baitenge." They all squeezed beside the other three. Neha frowned throwing daggers at Vicky. He gaped back. He missed his Kaku but he wasn't going to be obvious about it. He looked away. "Koi bi yaha baite... Hume Kya farak padnewala hai...hum humare liye kaafi hai... Haina Amar? Haina Rinni?" Neha poked a finger at them. They nodded ignoring other four.

Bharath looked agitated at Amar who wasn't even looking at them. Vicky, Simmi and Nil felt bad when Neha stressed that they were enough for them.

******

Surbhi, Karan sat in the left from backside third seat while Wahi, Rithwik parallely sat on the right side. Swayam, Sharon sat together in front of Surbhi and Karan. On the other side, Kriya sat alone. Rey had occupied an empty seat in front of SwaRon. Looking back, he realised he was the only one who had no partner to sit with. And maybe Kriya too. Taani wouldn't sit with him and he was literally pissed off at the moment. He also wanted these silly moments with her. But he had promised her to keep it secret until she was ready to let everyone know about them.

Taani hopped into the bus. She caught Rey's eye and they stared hard at each other. Rey looked stoic. She couldn't put a finger on his coldness. Still, she smiled at him hoping he would smile back at her. But he didn't. Instead, his eyes accused her of something.

"Taani... waha kyun kadi hi? Baitona... bus start hojayega ab" Kriya called out to her as she thought Taani was contemplating to sit beside Rey. But to her surprise, she joined beside her. Rey was taken aback. He never gave a thought over Taani's friendship with Kriya these days. And that was kind of awkward yet - one was his ex and the other was his present. It surely made it weird.

As the journey started, boys at the back were crazily speaking out louder. Especially, Vicky and Nil. Rey turned back to look at them. He missed those monkeys. He really wanted to embrace their idiocy. But they weren't speaking to him. And he was quite angry on them. If they were on speaking terms, the journey would have been so much fun. And suddenly he caught Taani's eye. She was gazing him. He turned back avoiding her gaze. Taani was annoyed alright. She took her cellphone, texting.

Taani: Rey... aap gussa ho?

Rey took his cellphone out and contemplated at the message. He thought of not replying but he couldn't. He freaking wanted to talk to her. All the idiots were sitting together as couples and here these two were sitting like a strangers even though they wanted to sit together.

Rey: Nahi toh...
Taani: Toh aap meri taraf dek bi nahi rahe ho... aap gusse ho... Wo mujhe saaf saaf nazar aa Raha hai. Per kyun?
Rey: Wo toh tumhe hi pata hona chahiye...

Taani sighed. She wasn't going to get an answer from him. And she would catch him alone to get her answers. Rithwik had observed Rey and Taani's behavior from past few hours. He didn't understood what went wrong between them. They clearly looked like wanted to be with each other and he was confused at why they were hiding the best thing between them from the eyes of the world. Also, he sensed some tension between them by the looks of Rey throwing at her. He had an idea but he wasn't sure where it would lead.