Chapter 35

"Mein apke yaha kaam Kar rahi hun... Iska Matlab ye nahi hai ki aap Jo bi bologe aur mein sunta rahungi sir…" Taani flared yet keeping the respect intact. He knit his eyebrows at her mildly scandalized that she was giving back to him. Not even Hina argued when he was angry, though she was the only one he listened to.

"Aur yahi baat apko na batane ka… wo Mera decision ta… Hina ka nahi… Hina toh apko batana chahti ti… lekin meine usko Mana Kiya. Aur Jo bi meine Kiya ta, paise zyada hoke nahi Kiya ta, sir… paiso ka ehmiyat mein bahut ache se jaanti hun… mein yaha kaam karti hun. Aur is company ko apna maanti hun… isiliye, mein Jo bi Kiya...wo Kiya... I didn't ask you to repay me the money as I did it on my own. Apko iski tension Leni ki zarurat nahi hai. Agar apko lagta hai ki I don't deserve Working here anymore, I'll just leave. Akhir, ye apka office hai… and I respect your decision" Taani stood up. There was lot of things going on in her mind. Firstly, she had a fight with Rey. That disturbed her. He was being too pushy in the acting matter and it just put her off. And VP had given her time until the next day to decide. She wasn't even sure of anything. And here, she lost her damn job for which everyone were so happy once. She was sure her Bhai and Rey would be disappointed yet again. But she wasn't going to lose her self esteem if the respect wasn't given. THERE IS NOTHING BIGGER THAN ONE'S SELF RESPECT. Her startup plan was in danger and she struggled to find a solution. She thought she could ask her Tauji's help once he arrived to Mumbai. But he was really busy and probably he may not come any earlier.

"Taani…" Hina stood up along, trying to stop her.

"It's okay, Hina." Taani ceased. Then, she looked at Harshad. "Thank you for giving me an opportunity to work here even if it's short lived…"

Harshad just watched her. Taani didn't quiver under his scanning unlike others who worked for him. Though she was still a college student, she had an attitude which was pleasantly good. She didn't disrespect him. Instead, she did put her points very clearly. He may had been rude just before minutes, but that's how he was!

Just as Taani walked few steps towards the door, Harshad gazed her back intently. He pulled a cheque book from the drawer of the table and picked a pen on the desk. "Here…" He handed over to Hina. "OMG!" She peered into the cheque and screamed. Harshad was unfazed at her reaction. Taani turned back to check on Hina. But, Hina looked between Harshad and Taani. She trotted towards Taani, pushing the cheque into her hand.

Taani's eyes rolled out as she watched it. Cheque was addressed in the name of "Mrs. Taani Shekawat" and there was scribble of amount RS.25,00,000.

Harshad left his chair and scurried towards Taani. Both stared at each other in an unspoken Perplexion. His tight lipped face broke into a cunning smile. "I'm impressed." He stood in front of her. Hina was even more confused at her twisted boss. Taani just leered him. "Tum soch rahe honge ki…Mein todi der pehle tumhe Suna Raha ta… and now… all this" he poked the cheque in her hand.

"I would have fired anyone who would have kept the information from me when something went on behind in my office." He stressed. Hina and Taani watched him. "Tumhe Kya lagta hai… ki aap log mujhse ye sab chupaogi aur mujhe nahi pata chalega." He chuckled, sarcastically. "Mujhe usi raat information aa Gaya ta ki waha Kya ho Raha hai…" he gaped at Hina. She lowered her eyes. "I thought atleast Hina would confess in me. But I see that she was convinced with your plan." He circled around Taani. "Though your plan was really idiotic…" he once again stood in front of her, catching her eye. "I'm glad to see your dedication. Agar tumhare jagah pe koi aur hota toh… shayad hi ye sab karna chodado… they wouldn't even think of attempting it… I like how you took that big risk, Taani." That's the first time, his eyes softened. And words soothing. "Buisness mein Jo risk lene ka himmat rakte hai…wo hi aage badte hai... And Jo bi mein todi der pehle bola ta… I just wanted to check your views. Sirf risk lene se nahi… balki jab bi sab kuch koke gir jaate hai na… utne ka himmat bi rehna chahiye… and wo confidence mein tumme deka hun… when you refused to budge under my criticism…" he passed a slight smile at her. Hina let a sigh of relief. She was really worried that Taani was going to leave the office.