Chapter 70

Rey’s happiness grew wider like a gleaming insect. He just couldn’t trust himself that Amar and Bharath were here.  Whole gang was beside them, irrespective of all the cold war that went on recently. “Rey… Ley…” Bharath and Amar grinned at him. Rey ran across the rehearsal hall as whole gang pounced on each other. They were hugging, crying and most of all treasuring the presence of each other in a solid unity. The moment was so surreal.

Harshad, Hina and Zoya were gobsmacked at the pure love shared between these fantastic people. Taani’s lips could have widened longer than giraffe’s neck if she smiled anymore. She was happy for them. And most of everything, she was pleased to see that spark back in Rey’s eyes. This is what she always craved to see in him. And she knew how much he was affected by Sharon’s behavior, her brother’s pain and the absence of Amar and Bharath in the gang. But finally to see him smiling with his people made everything worth it.

After a long moment of emotional breakdown, everyone pulled out of the hug. “Mujhe abi bi yakeen nahi ho raha hai ki tum dono yaha hai” Vicky locked his hand across Bharath. “Per…. Ye sab kaise hua?” Nil questioned, looking at both. Amar and Bharath turned towards Taani who was standing alone. Everyone looked at her in confusion, making her cautious.

“Ye sab meine nahi kiya. Harshad sir ne kiya hai” Taani clarified, again surprising Harshad himself as well as others. She wasn’t taking any credit.
“Come on Taani. Idea toh tumhara ta… Bas meine help kiya tumhe… Don’t give your credit to me…” Harshad teased her. None had any idea, except for them both. Not even Hina or Zoya had an inkling regarding this. Then Harshad revealed the whole story. The professional dance, skit and music videos of the gang release date was yet pending. So, Taani suggested if it can be launched at Kashmir as it will help Amar and Bharath to meet their friends.

“Agar Taani aur Harshad sir ne ye plan nahi banayi hoti toh… Hum ab tak Mumbai ki college mein hi rehte…” Bharath mused. Though they didn’t have the chance to participate in the dance, at least they were happy to be a silent support to the gang. Even the gang members were just content for having them. They may not be able to participate for SDC but sure they would be a part of the group in every other manner.

“Thank you so much sir…” Swayam thanked Harshad on behalf of whole gang. “Aapne humare liye itna bada step liya… We all will be always thankful for that” Sharon continued, surprising Swayam as both locked their gaze. “Pleasure is all mine…” Harshad smiled. “But mein akela nahi… If you are going to thank me, you must thank Taani too” He pointed. “Thanks… Taani” Whole gang cooed except Sharon and simmi. Swayam and Rey were smiling at her while Sharon withheld her jealousy of Taani being dominated in every step. Though she was happy to see Amar and Bharath back, she wasn’t fully pleased as Taani got all the brownie points. “Are… guys… Please… Thank you bolne ki zarurat nahi… Amar aur Bharath mere bi friends hai…” Taani acknowledged, making both of them emotional. There was someone apart from the gang who called both Amar and Bharath as friends. Otherwise, people always mocked them for all their incapability. Both Bharath and Amar looked at each other and made a way towards her. Everyone watched them curiously. Without a word, Bharath and Amar hugged Taani, astonishing her. Yes, there was always a friction between the gang and her. Never did Bharath actually liked her though Amar was mutual to her. But the things she did for them and the stand she took for them definitely made them realize that she was pure at heart. Everything in the past aside, they respected her for being selfless friend when everyone else stood against them. Taani’s eyes moistened. She always liked everyone of the gang. But they always misunderstood her and set her apart. But to see few among them growing up on her did fill with a bountiful of joy. She caught Rey’s eye. He was smiling at her already. His brother looked like he wanted to share that hug with her as well. And within the next moment, Swayam, Vicky and Nil joined the hug; followed by girls except for Sharon and Simmi. Simmi rolled her eyes looking at Sharon. Sharon clenched her face in disgust at the overacting she felt.