Chapter 61

Taani turned slowly, her eyes landing on his hand holding her and then at his face. Rey hesitated a minute before leaving her hand, hoping she wouldn't storm off on him. And she didn't leave. Instead, she waited for him to speak up.

"Kya Mai Ghar drop kardu?" He asked, knowing she was absolutely not going to accept his offer.

"Iska zarurat nahi hai, Rey. Mein kud jaa sakti hun..." Taani glared him.

"Ha… jaanta hun…" Rey sullened. "Jaanta hun ki… tum akele jaa sakti ho… Ye bi jaanta hun ki tum aaj Kal har kaam tum kud Kar sakte ho… Lekin mein tumhe Ghar lekar jaana chahta hun… Mujhe acha lagta hai Meri GF ko mein aisa choti choti cheezon se kush karna.. " He explained. For a brief moment, Taani's insides danced in happiness. Then again, the previous drama vigorously pulled her back into the reality. She wasn't going to melt so easily, this time. "Ha… apko shayad ye bi acha lagta hai ki apki GF ke peet peeche uska hi college ID se mail bejna… wo bi apne doston ke saath milke…" She taunted him. And Rey wanted to hurl at her accusation. But he didn't like it, for damn sake.

"Boliye Rey? Ab aap chup kyun ho? Boliye?" She taunted him again. And office colleagues stopped on their track to watch the duo. Taani realized people watching them and just smiled at them, pretending they were having a happy excited conversation. Her colleagues passed her a astonishing look towards Rey and walked away leaving them to continue their believed happy arguments.

Rey walked to her front. "Tumhe jitna gussa hona hai, tum ho sakte ho… Tumhe mujhe jitna bi sunana hai… Suna sakte ho… Mein tumhe nahi rokunga… Tumhara mujhpe gussa hona jayaz hai, Taani. Jab mein ye plan Kiya ta… mujhe pata ta ki ye tumhara against Kar Raha hun… lekin meine Sach mein ye andaza nahi Kiya ta ki… itna bada problem hoga… Agar pata hota toh… I wouldn't have done it…"

"You are wrong, Rey. Agar apko pata hota bi toh… shayad aap yahi karte... Kyunki apko apna dance hi sabkuch hai… Aur apne dost..." Taani said it. Here, it went as always. And that made Rey really really angry.

"Aur tum…" He asked her, stepping into her personal space. Taani didn't step back or even flinch a bit at his angry shade. She held her ground irrespective of her body reacting to his closeness in a familiar way. "Tum mere liye bahut important ho, Taani. Ye baat tum kyun accept nahi karte ho. Humesha tumhe aisa kyun lagta hai ki… mein tumhe importance nahi de raha hun…" He questioned her.

"Kyunki harbar jab mein sochne lagta hun ki… nahi.. shayad mein galat hun… aap mujhe phirse galat prove Kar jate ho, Rey. Aap aisa kuch karlete ho… jaisa aaj apne ye Jo bi Kiya hai…" Taani poked a finger at him in equivalent vexation. "Aap mujhe ek jawab dijiye, Rey…. agar kabhi bi… kabhi bi aisa koi waqt ayega jab aap mujhe ya apne dost aur dance ko chose karna pade… aap Kya karoge?" She would have her answer, today. He couldn't Dodge answering this question. She knew the answer and him vocalizing would just prove what she said was the complete truth.

Rey couldn't believe she was asking him this question. Of all, Taani asking this question just made him furious. But, he couldn't lose his temper. Probably, he had never given her that comfort of being secure. And he felt bad to register it. Even in this terrific provokation by her, all he saw was th fear of him neglecting her or not making her feel the way she has to be celebrated. And his pupils just relaxed.  He thought he had proved her enough number of times that what she meant to him. But… maybe those weren't enough. Because loving a person wasn't a moment of doing and dusting for one time. It was a promise of forever and that would definitely expect a lot more from the two individuals who are investing in each other. Rey understood one thing from all of this. Normalcy. Taani feeling left out by him was normal considering any relationship if the guy had done what he did. It wasn't his intention of hurting Taani in anyway but he landed doing exactly the same. He had to be patient enough to understand her while she was the one who's hurt. Maybe, her questions sounded rude and upright downgrading his stance on her, but he couldn't let the momentum anger to ascend the problems between them.