Chapter 62

"Taani" Swayam peeked slowly into her room, where she sat on her bed looking straight ahead. She didn't respond on Swayam's call. She just sat, idolized . Swayam crawled upto her in a slow steps and sedated beside her. She didn't even acknowledge him for all the presence he made. Taani's core burned internally in rage. How long was she going to ignore people throwing bullshit at her in the name of care? She had enough of words dedicated to her. Sharon wasn't an enemy. But she wasn't a friend either. Sharon always had her ways with people. And Taani didn't belong to one of them. She hated how much her life has been beared out in front of the world to witness her tragedies. She doesn't want sympathies. All she wanted was acceptance and a friendship from the people she always considered dear. But everytime when she believed that they extended a hand towards her, she had been proved wrong again and again. And to top that, Rey and Swayam had always took Sharon's side which irked her to no end. She sometimes envied Sharon for that. The two most important people of her life were the same people who were important to her as well. And the differentiation of the Rey and Swayam's behavior with herself and Sharon made Taani mad sometimes. In the past, she had even cried and agonised over it. And again, the roots were stemming deeper. Rey had made his stance clear. She atleast understood him. His love for his friends was higher than the sky. Though it jeopardized their relationship at times, she had no choice than to accept them in her life as they are. Because she loved Rey and inturn he loved her with the same passion. And then there was her brother… Her thoughts trailed off as he sat quitely beside her. She tipped her head towards him to catch him staring at her.

"I'm sorry, Bhai..." She apologized eventhough she had no fault. Swayam looked at her in surprise. "Shayad apko mujhe Sharon se aise baat karte hue dekake acha nahi laga hoga…" she reasoned.

"Acha toh nahi laga…" Swayam commented, making Taani's heart thwart lower. Probably she expected something better out of his mouth. "Per mujhe Sharon ne tumse jaise baat ki… wo bi acha nahi laga, Taani…" He finally spoke something which made Taani's eyes to gleam in astonishment. "Taani… Mein jaanta hun… ab is waqt tumhara man mein bahut chal Raha hai… Humari wajahse tum college se suspend hui ho… tum hum sabse naraz ho… Rey se naraz ho… Mujhse naraz ho… And I totally understand… aur tumhara aaj ka Sharon ke upar ka gussa bi jaayaz hai… She shouldn't have come between you and Rey at all… Mein us baat se completely agree karta hun… Lekin…." he paused, chosing his next words carefully. "Sharon buri nahi hai, Taani. Wo jaanbujkar tumhe chot pahunchane ke liye kuch galat nahi karti hai… Us waqt usko Jo sahi laga, usne Kiya hai… which was absolutely wrong; abi bi wo sirf team ke liye Kar rahi ti… Tumhe aur Rey ka beech mein differences create Karne ke liye nahi…" He clarified.

Taani smiled sadly. Here she thought his brother was about to console her. Instead, he was here to rectify Sharon's made out damage. "Kya aap kabhi bi mujh per barosa nahi Kar sakte hai Kya, Bhai?" Was the only question she asked him. Swayam took aback by the unabashed query. "Mein kitni koshish Kar rahi hun… aapke team se ek acha sa rishta banane ke liye… lekin… mein jaan gayi hun…wo log kabhi mujh per trust nahi karenge… Jaise… na aap kiya… ya na Rey…" She peered at his widened pupils. "Aisa kuch nahi hai, Taani…" He tried to talk out of it. "Aisa hi hai, Bhai... It's about time, I understood… I cannot please everyone… Jo log mujhe real mein pasand karenge… mein ye waqt aur Mera Pyaar unke upar invest karungi…. Meine aaj Tak... Aapka aur Rey ke liye… apne doston se ek rishta banane ki koshish ki… bahut koshish ki… but… humesha… ki tarah… I'm the one at the losing end." She swayed her head otherside, bothered deeply at the mistakes erupted in her life like a storm. She wasn't going to feel sorry for anyone. Her neither. She wasn't going to try to please anyone just because she wanted the good  ambiguity between her and Rey and Swayam's mutual friends. But that was such a narrow thing. People wouldn't change for her. Or for anyone. The roots would always pull them back into their originality. She had to just accept them for who they are and move on. If it was two years back, she probably would have gone underground and never came back. But now, she had her own aims, ambitions and fortunately a set of her own friends who would go to any extent to make things right for her. And she would definitely concentrate on them rather than hanging onto the lose hope.