Life or death

It's been 3 weeks and 6 days and Deku still haven't wake up. If he isn't waking up by tomorrow they'll stop every life supporting machine and declare him dead. Sho and I tried everything to wake him up. We talk to him, beg him. One day I got so angry they had to kick me out of the hospital. Since they knew I'm just desperate they let me in again the next day.

Now we're sitting here, next to the still unconscious Deku. We don't know what to say anymore we're just frustrated. I don't want him to die. He's been there all my life and I can't imagine a life without him. We went through so much, no he went through so much and now a normal operation he decided to do himself, is going to kill him?! After everything!!

I start to cry and take his hand again. "Deku please. You can't do that to us. You have to wake up. I never beg for anything, you know me. But I'm begging you right now. Wake up, please."

"Please wake up Izuku. We'll do anything you want. We just want to hear your voice again and see that beautifull smile of yours again. Please." Sho begs him on the other side.

He's still not moving neither opening his eyes. After a while we get told that we have to leave. The doctor walks up to us before we leave.

"I'm sorry to tell you this but the laws give me no space. Tomorrow we'll turn off the machines. Do you want to be there?" He asks us. And for me I don't have to think about it.

"Yes. I want to at least be by his side when he dies."

"Me too. I don't want him to leave us alone. He's been alone a long time in his life. He should have someone he loves by his side at the end at least." Sho says.

"Ok we'll wait for your arrival and then do it. I'm sorry." The doctor says and we leave.

We go back to the dorms and I just feel numb. Of course I'm sad but somehow I also feel nothing. I don't feel like I need to cry, I think it didn't sink into me that tomorrow is the last day Deku breathes. We enter the dorm building and glasses and shitty hair aproach us.

"Hey man how did it go? Did he open his eyes?" Shitty hair asks.

"No, they'll turn off the machines tomorrow." I just say without any emotions in my voice. The whole class is here and is shocked at what I said. At least they know to give us space.

"Will you go there tomorrow too?" Glasses asks.

"Yes. We want to be by his side." Sho answears.

"But isn't that really hard for you two. I think it would be better if you just stayed home." Glasses adds. I grab his collar angry.

"The fuck glasses?!!? Deku has been alone most times of his life and you tell us to abandon him on his last day?! We're not doing this for us, it's for him!!!! Deku deserves to has someone he loves by his side. I don't care how much it will hurt us! Important is that he isn't dieing alone!!!"

"Hey man let go of him. I think we get it. Bro he's just worried about you two. The two of you look really bad and he thought that beeing there will do a toll on you. Please calm down." Shitty hair arguments.

"Tch." Is all I say and let glasses go. I then stomp up to my room, followed by Sho.

This night we only fall asleep out of exhaustion. Neither of us shed a tear nor talked.

The next day we wake up and I feel as numb as the day before. We both get ready and slowly go to the hospital. The doctors and nurses get everything ready. They allow us to stand on either side of him and say some last words.

"I'm sorry Deku - no Izuku, If I had been faster you didn't have the need to do this. I hope you can at leat rest in peace now. I love you." I say and kiss his forehead.

"Izuku sorry you had to go through so much when we should have protected you. Maybe we'll meet again in our next life. I love you." He kisses him on his forehead too.

We both burry our faces in our hand interwined with Izuku's hand. I hear the doctor give some instructions and after a moment I hear the monotone sound of the flat line from the heart rate monitor.

This is the moment that let it all sink into me. I start to quietly cry and I notice Sho does the same. The doctor announces the time of death. Shit, so it really is over. Damn it Deku.

The doctor tells us to take as much time as we need and just when he was walking out and a nurse wants to put out the heart rate monitor.

.....

.....

*Beep*.........*Beep*............*Beep*