1

<><><><><>

AmericaAge; 12

America
Age; 12

<><><><><>

Blake Toretto sat on the path leading up to her house, the rumble of car noises growling in her throat as she pushed her toy cars around. She raced them against one another, the plastic wheels being rolled across the old concrete. 

'Jakob! Look, Daddy's winning!' She cheered as her older brother plodded down few stairs before he sat. 

The boy looked down at her, watching her as she looked up at him; a grin on her lips, her hair wild as her braids began to fall out. 

He chuckled, 'Who's in the other car?'

'Nic,' She looked back down to her toys. 

She missed Jakob's smile falling away, a soft sigh pushing through his nose. 

'Where am I?' He pressed.

'You're in the pit with Buddy,' She replied, her focus on her cars. 

'Jakob, let's go,' Jack Toretto called as he came out from the garage; 'We gotta go.'

'Coming,' Jakob mumbled. 

'Daddy! Daddy!' Blake shot up from the ground, her toys temporarily forgotten about.

'Kenz,' Jack cheered. 

He dropped the bag that was in his hand, catching his daughter in his arms' swinging her around. He placed her on the ground before him, hands laying on her shoulders.

'Daddy, I wanna come,' She pleaded. 

'Sweetheart, your mother and Mia have a whole shopping day planned,' He sighed. 

'I can help Jake and Nic! I know all about cars.'

Jack chuckled as the smug look on his daughter's face, messing up her hair. Blake batted his hands away as she squealed, laughter spilling out in between. He pulled her close, squeezing her tight in his arms. 

'Load up, then,' He pushed her toward the car gently. 

'Really?' She gasped. 

'Go on.'

'Nic! Nic! I get to come watch Daddy race!'

Dominic glanced at his father as he walked past him, before he smiled at the eleven year old. 

'Really?' He smiled. 

'Yeh!' She cheered; 'I'm gonna help you and Jake.'

'Dad, do you think that's a good idea?' Jakob asked.

'She'll be fine,' Jack smiled; 'Come on.'

Blake clambered into the back seat on the truck, quick to pull her seatbelt on; all but bouncing in her place.

<><><><><>

Her eyes followed the cars as they drove around the race track, weaving in and out of one another. Blake stood eagerly, watching her father's black car amongst the others. She stood beside Dom, who occasionally muttered into the microphone attached to the headphones hugging his head. Jakob stood by behind them, watching his youngest sister  stand there in her pink shirt that had dirt stains all over it with her jeans and backwards baseball cap. His gaze flicked to Dom for a second, she was his little shadow; living in stride with him, not in his shadow like he was. 

'Here he comes, Kenz,' Dom muttered to his sister. 

Her eyes quickly went to the yellow flag that had been raised, all of the cars coming in to the pits. 

'Stay here,' Dom stopped her from rushing forward. 

'But-' She whined. 

'You're not allowed over there.' 

Blake pouted, crossing her arms over her chest as she watched everyone rush the car; Jakob messing up her hair as he walked by her. She batted off his hands, watching on from a distance as different conversations were had; trying to keep up as she kept loosing sight of her father amongst it all. 

'Kenzie!' Jack called out the window.

She looked up curiously, his hand waving her over toward him. She grinned, rushing forward to clamber over the barrier; running toward the car. 

'Hey, Daddy,' She gasped.

'Hey, baby girl,' He smiled, eyes flicking over her face. 

'You know, you need to watching your inside man. He keeps trying to sneak up on you and push you out to the edge.'

Jack laughed, 'Really?'

'Yep. Dom keeps missing it, he won't listen to me.'

'Well, I will. Inside man?'

'Yes, sir.'

Jack paused, studying his daughter for a second before he nodded to himself. 

'You're gonna rule the world one day, Kenz,' He informed her. 

She giggled, looking to Jakob when he yelled out to their father. She turned back to Jack, taking Dom's hand when he came up beside her. She took a step backwards with her brother, smiling when Jack blew her a kiss. She blew one back, before watching him take off again. Blake looked up to Dom, smiling from ear to ear before she pulled him back toward the barrier. 

<><><><><>

'Nic, what's he doing?' Blake asked as she watched her father slow for a second.

'He's going to block him in,' Dom replied, turning to lift her up onto the barrier so she could see. 

The girl watched her father pushed a yellow and green car into the wall, metal flying off the bumper. 

'He's going to come at you for that,' Dom muttered into the microphone. 

She glanced to her brother before looking back to her father, balancing on the concrete as she turned her body to follow the car around the track. Dom paced around the tent, muttering things into the microphone as Jakob stood in the shade. And that was when Black saw it, her father's car falter for a second, slowing down again. The green and yellow car came out wide before swinging back into Jack's car, the crunch of metal clear to hear of the roaring engines. 

But, it all faded away when Jack's car pushed out horizontally on the track, before it bounced and flew up into the air. Flames erupted from the car when it hit the fence above the wall, high above the track before it crashed down with a pulsing bang. Her knees went weak at it rolled across the tarmac, her body falling from the barrier as she went to get her father. Arms wrapped around her waist, catching her and pulling her close as they refused to let her go. 

'Daddy!' She screamed. 

She pushed against the arms holding her, desperate to get to her father as the flames continued to burn. 

'Blake,' Jakob hushed; 'Blake, stop. He's gone, Blake. He's gone.'

'No! Daddy! Let me go, Jake! Let me go!' She cried; 'Let me go!' 

She sobbed in her brother's arms, the memory etching itself into her brain forever.