6

<><><><><><>

AmericaAge 14

America
Age 14

<><><><><><>

The small garage was dimly lit as Blake Toretto made her way through it in search of it's owner or somebody who worked there, her eyes moving over everything around her. Campos had made her drive his car there to get it looked at, though she had offered to do so herself, he had told her no little girl would be able to figure out what was wrong with it. Though she already knew, she didn't say anything.

She ran her hand over a skyline bonnet, taking in the unique design decorating it. Whoever had done it was extremely talented, and she was going to hit them up to do her car. She wandered up the side of the car, getting side tracked as she followed the design along the doors and right down to the tail. Blake crouched down to look at it closer, her fingers ghosting over it.

'Woah, woah, woah. What do you think you're doing?' A voice asked.

The girl jumped as she stood up quickly, raising her hands in the air; 'I'm looking for someone to take a look at my car.'

'Your car? How old are you?'

'Fourteen, and yeh, my car.'

'Alright, bring it in.'

She followed after the man, taking in his style. He had a huge afro, and his mechanic overalls were at least two sizes too big. He pushed up the roller door of an empty bay, Campos' car parked just next to it. She walked out to get it, sliding into the driver's seat and slowly pulling into the garage. Blake cut the engine and got out of the car again as the man popped the bonnet, leaning over then engine.

'Is it making any noises? Explain what's going on,' The man asked.

'The starters shot and the spark plug's going,' She muttered.

'What?'

'I just told you what's wrong with it.'

'How'd you know that?'

'Just cause I'm fourteen, don't mean I don't know my way around a car.'

He chuckled and held out his hand, 'Tej.'

'Blake.'

'Alright, Blake. When do you need the car done by?'

'By morning. I would fix it myself, but my boss don't trust me.'

'So it ain't your car?'

'Nope.'

He chuckled, before moving to grab some tools. Tej turned back to look at the girl over his shoulder, a smirk on his lips.

'You gonna help or not, kid?' He asked.

Blake looked up him before nodding, catching the pair of mechanics overalls he threw her way. She pulled them on and started her work on the car, Tej impressed at her skill as he passed her tools and helped her get things out. She basically did the whole repair herself, getting the parts she needed from the man. The girl leant back against the bench as Tej finished up the job wiping her grease covered hands on an old rag, the man doing the same once he shut the bonnet.

'You're a good little grease monkey,' Tej chuckled as he leant back on the car; 'Who taught you?'

'Uh, my Dad,' She stated with a small smile.

'Well, if you ever need a little extra cash or a new job, let me know.'

'Really?'

'Yeh, we're always in need of more mechanics around here.'

'Thanks. I might just take you up on that offer... Actually, who did the paint job on that car in there? It is amazing.'

'That's Suki. She's good.'

'Well, she might just have a new client in the cards. If I get the time, I'll bring my Challenger in for a paint job.'

'I'll let her know.'

'Thanks for the help.'

'No worries, you'll be back soon?'

'Oh, all the time.'

She smirked up at the man, a little bit of mischief in her eyes. She knew it would be the start of a chaotic and crazy friendship.