14

<><><><><><>

Tokyo
Age 21

<><><><><><>

The cars and blares of horns echoed off the tall buildings, drowning out the sounds of the chatter on the sidewalks. Blake Toretto was pushed around in the moving crowd, her eyes trying to find some break in it so she could catch a breath. Tears welled in her eyes, something that hadn't happened for a very long time. She wasn't used to so many people, not without her brother or sister by her side to pull her free from the crowds.

A gasp left her mouth as she finally manged to step into an alley, sliding her back down the wall as she moved to sit. She drew in deep breaths, wiping her face as she listened to the noises of the city echo around her. Blake looked up quickly when she heard footsteps approaching her, a man walking toward her; looking at her with concern. She pulled her knife and pointed it at him with a strong hand, holding his gaze as he raised his hands in the air; taking a slow step back.

'Woah, I'm not going to hurt you,' He stated.

'Yeh, mierda,' She sneered.

'What?'

She didn't reply, glaring up at him with teary eyes. He looked ready to leave her be, but she could see the inner war in his eyes. She was surprised when he sat down at knife point, leaning his back against the wall.

'Are you ok?' He asked quietly.

The girl slowly lowered her knife, keeping it in her hand as she lowered her gaze to her lap.

'I'm Han,' He informed her.

'Blake,' She muttered.

'Now, we're getting somewhere. Ok, Blake, what's going on?'

She shook her head, blinking back her tears as she swallowed; 'I'm good.'

'And that's why you're crying?'

'Yup, cause I'm in this busy culo city without knowing a soul.'

'Are you lost?'

'Just got here a week ago so I can't exactly be lost,' She sighed; 'I'm actually trying to find the way to find a car so I can race.'

'You race?'

'Yeh?'

'Drifting?'

'Yeh?'

'I can get you a car.'

'Really?'

'Only if you tell me what's wrong.'

'Why do you care? You don't know me.'

'But I think we'll have a great partnership.'

'With cars?'

'Yeh.'

'How do I know you're not just gonna take me and kill me?'

'Why are you so sceptical?'

'If you'd been through what I've been through, you would be, too.'

Han stared at her for a second, before he nodded slowly. He pushed himself up to stand, holding his hand out to her. Cautiously, Blake took it and let him pull her up.

'Do you want to head to the races or do you want me to meet you there?' The man asked her.

'You think you can choose a car worthy of my name?' She retorted.

'Yes.'

'You sure?'

'Yes, Blake.'

'It better be a good car, Han, or I'll just have to drag your name through the mud.'

He smirked lazily at her, holding his hand out to her. She shook his firmly, her own smirk on her lips as she looked up at him.

'You gonna give me the address or we gonna stand here all night?' She asked.

'Up the road, cross it at the next intersection and head straight till you get to the garage,' He shrugged.

'I was that close?'

'Yup.'

'Maldito hell.'

'What language is that?'

'Spanish. Why wanna learn some?'

'It's kinda hot. Might get me some new material.'

Blake screwed her noise up, 'Yuk.'

'You get used to it.'

'Oh, trust me, I know.'

'You gonna be ok getting to the garage?'

'Yeh. Go get me a good car.'

'Yes, ma'am.'

She smirked and wandered up the alley till the end, drawing in a deep breathe as she looked over the bustling crowd.

'I can drive you if you want,' Han suggested.

'How far away is your car?' She asked.

'Up the road a bit.'

'Ok. Let's go.'

Han watched as she pushed through the crowd, looking back to make sure he was following her. He knew then that their partnership would be something more in the future, but what he didn't know. He followed the green eyed girl, eventually leading her to his car and sliding in; watching as she looked it over with a slack jaw.

'You like?' He asked.

'Love. You got more like this?' She replied.

'Plenty.'

'Bring me one and you have my loyalty for the rest of your life.'

'One Nissan 350Z coming right up.'

The girl grinned, running her hands over the leather detailing. She looked over at the man, watching as he pulled out into the busy traffic. If he was the only person she found in this entire city, she was ok with that. Though, she didn't know she was soon to meet the next people to join her huge family.