4

<><><><><><>

AmericaAge: 14

America
Age: 14

<><><><><><>

Blake Toretto sat in her cell, waiting to be released as she tapped her fingers on her leg. She looked up when she heard keys jingling, quickly moving to stand as the guard came to a stop in front of her cell.

'You ready to go, kid?' He asked.

She nodded, learning long ago it was better to nod then to speak. Bad things came when you spoke. The man huffed and opened her door, letting her walk out before he placed cuffs onto her wrists. She looked at the other inmates wide eyed, knowing that most of the scabs and scars on her body were because of them. She tried to keep her eyes trained to the floor, but it was hard with all the yelling going on around her.

The guard took her to the front of prison, taking her handcuffs off before he stood behind her as she filled out the paper work that let her leave the hell house. And the moment she put the pen down, the receptionist was handing her belongings through the small window off to the side; Blake pouncing on them. She pulled out her cross necklace and looped it around her neck, holding it in her hand as she searched through the rest of the stuff; pulling from the box a photo of her, Dominic and Mia, and her wallet.

'Is that all you want?' The woman behind the glass asked.

'Yes,' The Toretto nodded.

The receptionist pulled the box back through the window and nodded, the guard lightly grabbing Blake's upper arm. She followed him out the front, to the gate, where she signed more papers before her eyes scanned the carpark. There was a few cars, but none of them her Mia's or Jakob's. With a long sigh, she caught sight of a man walked along the wide walk up the road a bit; his head low and hands stuffed into his pockets.

'Miss, someone has to be here to pick you up,' The guard informed her.

'What?' She queried.

'We can't let you out onto the street without a guardian signing your papers.'

She muttered in her breath, a long string of cursing entering the air, before her eyes landed on the guy that was walking up the path.

'Yo, Cousin Drey,' She called; 'Yo, man, Cousin Drey.'

The man looked at her before looking away, only looking back up again when she whistled. She waved him over frantically, her eyes pleading. And as she thought he was going to walk away again, he looked up and down the road before crossing it. Blake took a few steps forward when he was close enough, wrapping her arms around him; his whole body tensing.

'Just get me out of here and I'll owe you big time,' She whispered.

That was when his arms wrapped around her, 'Hey, girl. I almost forgot what the date was.'

'Yeh, it's good to see you, Drey.'

'You're Blake's current guardian?' The guard asked.

'Yes, sir,' The man nodded.

'Alright. If I could get you to sign here, then you're free to take Miss Toretto.'

The man took the pen and scribbled what looked like a signature on the page, before he stepped back and wrapped an arm around the girl's shoulders.

'See ya, homie,' He grinned before turning them away.

Blake sighed as the gate shut behind them, allowing them to walk up the road and around the corner looking like they knew each other. But once they were out of sight, he let her go and turned to face her.

'Thanks. I would've been stuck in that place otherwise,' She sighed.

'What they put you in for?' He asked.

'Reckless driving and I, uh, hit a guy.'

He nodded before holding his hand out, 'Roman Pearce.'

'Blake Toretto.'

She shook his hand for a few seconds, before she took a step back.

'Well, thanks again. I'll leave you to it,' Blake sent him a tight smile before she moved to walk away.

'Hey,' Roman called out; 'Why didn't your family pick you up?'

'My sister hates me, my brother's in jail and my other brother hasn't been around for months,' She replied.

'Dad? Mum?'

'Dad's dead and I haven't seen Mum since I was two.'

'You got anywhere to go?'

She shrugged, 'Nah, not really.'

'You want to come stay with me?'

The girl looked at him for a second, thinking over her options. Live on the street with no food or water, or, go with Roman, who just saved her, where there is more then likely food and water.

'Yeh, why not?' She shrugged; 'No one's gonna care if you kill me anyway.'

Roman chuckled, 'My girl, I'm not gonna kill you. You're safe with me.'

'We'll see about that.'