a fateful encounter

the raindrops were bitter in the cold wind. her face turned sour the second she stepped foot out of the coffee shop.

  it had been a year since she quit hollywood arts, i mean, she knew it was a dumb move, especially for someone who was an aspiring arts student and had not much passion for anything else. ESPECIALLY when she was admitted to one of the best arts schools around her, and getting away from her abusive father.

  she was a gullible one at that. she really thought that it was her fault for causing a slight hiccup in jade's and beck's relationship, when beck was the one who had played her all along, using her as a tool to fuel jade's jealousy. did she mind? yes. did she let him continue due to her being blinded by her feelings? definitely.

  perhaps it was best that she left. after leaving, her life became dreary. days filled with laughter and fun were now filled with cramming essays nonstop. perhaps this was the price she paid for simply reaching for the pomegranate, despite the tales of persephone.

"ouch! jesus, watch where you're going!"

  her eyes widened. oh no, nonono. not this hell again. not him, not the person who simply threw her aside for his own personal gain.

"wait a second, you look familiar,"

  speed walking away, she stared at the pavement and kept walking forward, hoping that he wouldnt notice.

"oh ava! its you! how are you doing lately?"

  her heart shattered. maybe she couldnt fully mend it but this? no this made everything worse. as though someone had stomped on the pieces of her glass heart and buried their shoe deep into it, grinding it into the pavement until it was nothing but dust.

"lets get a coffee and catch up!"

  incredulously, she turned around and looked at his face. oh, her sweet heart melted once again, just like the last day of school.

"lets not," she whispered, turning heel on the siren luring her back.

the two were never meant to be. ava was never meant to meddle in this story that was tori's. she was simply a villain come to wreak havoc on the main characters. perhaps they would have another fateful encounter, and she wouldnt turn him away.

but then again, he made his choice, and so did she.