8

I was about to leave the house, when the doorbell rang. Who the hell would be outside at this hour? I opened the door, to find Mr-Pretty-Boy. Almost immediately after, I slammed the door in his face.

"Ava! Come out." I could practically hear him rolling his eyes.

"Please tell me I'm dreaming." I said, rubbing my eyes, opening the door.

"Nope. The one and only, Beck Oliver is standing in front of you." he said, smiling, gesturing down at himself.

I groaned inwardly. Of course he was.

"Why are you here?" I asked in exasperation.

"Cause I'm supposed to drive you to school," he replied, swinging his arm across,"girlfriend."

"I rather jump out a window into a bowl of piranhas." I said, before slamming the door on his face.

I waited for 10 minutes. I pressed my ear against the door to check if anyone was behind. When I didn't hear anything, I swung open the door. There stood Beck, who had been waiting.

"Go away." I groaned. I wanted to bash my head against the wall.

"No can do, girlfriend." he smirked.

I locked the door and was about to walk off without him. when he picked me up. Literally. He carried me off my feet and tossed me on his shoulder as though I was a paperweight.

"Let go of me!" I shouted, banging my fists against his back, trying to get him to put me down.

"Okay. When we get to the car." he responds, without skipping a beat. This was going to be a long day.

"No."

"No?" Beck asked,"No to what?"

"I'm not going to be your stupid girlfriend." I replied.

"Oh come on. It'll be fun," he said, starting the car,"Besides, you made a deal."

"You said you'd do anything I asked you to do for a week. I told you to put me down and you kidnapped me."

"Cmon, its not that bad." he tried to reason with me as he drove.

"You carried me down here and force me into your car." I said, crossing my arms.

"Fine. We'll start the 'Beck obeys Ava' thing next week." he said, not taking his eyes off the road.

"Well, at least I'm lucky you don't have four other girls in this car." I responded, joking.

"Yeah. Random girls usually turn up at my house and ask me for a ride. You're lucky that today I turned them all down." he said. He wasn't even being arrogant. He was saying a statement.

"Wow. Well, that's convinced me not to ever take your car when I'm not your girlfriend." I replied.

"Do you have any gum?"

"Why? Is your breath that bad? So you're the reason it reeks in here." I joked.

"Yeah. It reeks of," he sniffed the air,"denial."

"Denial?" I asked in confusion.

"You want to be my girlfriend. You're in denial." he states.

"No..." I said unconvincingly, knowing he was actually right.

"I'm just kidding. Can I have gum now?" he said, interrupting my thoughts

"I don't have gum." I said. I was lying. I had a whole stash of gum in one of my bag pockets.

"Aw man. That was the whole reason why I brought you here." he joked.

"I actually, genuinely feel more relaxed without Jade constantly screaming at me." he said before I could say anything.

This wasn't supposed to happen.

Ava Paige

Uh oh. I'm pretty sure I screwed up everything in this school.

Mood: Guilty 😖

I was walking through the halls, when I saw Cat. I immediately rushed toward her, trying to talk to her. However, upon seeing me, she screamed and ran in the opposite direction. Weird. Beck walked in through the doors and I told him about it.

"She probably knows about us. Anyways, let's give them a show to remember." he said with a lopsided grin. He held out his arm for me, which I hesitantly looped around.

It's show time

The second I stepped into class, a ball was hurled my way. I dodged it and looked for the culprit.

"Sikowitz?" I asked in surprise. Well, actually I wasn't too shocked.

"Yes. Good reflexes." he says, holding and ice pack to his face.

"What happened to you?" Beck asked. He didn't even look surprised at all.

"I'd rather not talk about it." he said, gesturing to our seats.

The whole class stared at us. For a second I wondered why, until I remembered that Beck's and my arms were looped around each other. Jade looked absolutely furious. Beck winked at me, knowing that his plan was working.

I have to deal with this for just a week. It's not that bad...

After getting food at the food truck, I sat down at the usual table with my burrito. Everyone stared at me, and I silently contemplated leaving.

"I'll just-" I gestured to another table, until Beck came over and cut me off.

"Hey guys." he said, sitting down. He interlocked his hand with mine and showed it to the rest.

"Ava's my new girlfriend." he said, smiling. This was when I couldn't take it anymore. The look on Jade's face made me feel extremely guilty. She looked hurt, and at the same time angry.

"No. We're not." I glared at him.

"I thought you said it was time to tell them?" he asked with confusion evident on his face. What the hell?

Jade slammed her box of food on the floor and stormed off. I glared at Beck, who was still playing along.

"That's it. I'm not having any of this anymore." I said, running after Jade. Beck went too far this time. Way too far.

"Jade?" I called out her name.

I heard sniffles coming from the toilet and went to investigate. There stood Jade, her mascara smeared all over her face. I went to her, but one I got within a 5 foot distance of her, she stopped and glared at me.

"Jade I just want to-"

"5." she started counting.

"It was a mistake!"

"4."

"Jade, please listen to me."

"3."

"Fine then." I said, grabbing my stuff and walking out. If she didn't want to listen to me then that was her problem.